Windstar Athens-Rome 10/15/05?

sammybee

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Les,

We are both looking forward to a relaxing type of holiday-were on Carnival Triumph in March of this year with our two teenage children -had a good time!! Last year did a Lisbon to Rome cruise on Oceania Regatta- very, very nice. We are looking looking forward to all the ports (have not been to any before)! Have you looked at any excursions? Are you staying in Athens - post cruise? We are staying an additional three days - flying home September 20.

Hey Les,

we are leaving the teens at home - just the two of us - how about y'all? We live in Cambridge, ON Canada which is about 50 miles west of Toronto. Have you looked at excursions yet - we often book our own drivers. The ship tours seem pricey.

I've been looking at the various ports on the web and collecting web links that look interesting. I've found some informative links about most all the stops we'll make. Some links contain info about excursions to book, other stuff is simply regarding restaurants, beaches, etc.

I've read the same thing about the ship-booked excursions, so I'll probably look to make arrangements on my on most of the time.

What are you planning?

Hi Teenie & Les,

Good to hear others will be on this cruise. We've never been on Windstar before- only cruise we've done before is Disney with the kids- 15 years ago! This is our 30th anniversary, and we're looking forward to it. We've got a private driver for Rome (just getting there the day before) and Athens (staying 2 extra days), but haven't decided what to do about the smaller ports. Please share any options you know about!

Jan

Hey Jan,

You sound like my wife and I. The only other cruise we've done was Carnival, 15 years ago too.

I love to research the places we travel before we go - my wife will tell you I have as much fun doing that as the trip itself. Anyway, I've got a number of links I've found on our ports. If you want, post your email and I'll shoot 'em to you.

Les

Les,

Just as soon not post my e-mail addres here. I do have lots of info- Matt Barrett's website is great, and I have several books and other sites as well. I have a tendency to be a nerd and inundate myself with information- I have to remind myself to just relax and go with the flow! I think we'll probably do some of the cruise's excursions and some on our own, depending on what sounds good at the time!

Jan

No problem on the email thing.

Yeah, I'm very nerd-like too. I love to research all the stops, restaurants, beaches, etc. I went out and bought a Greek phrase book yesterday too. I figure it will come in handy knowing how to ask where the bathroom is. If you find anything particularly interesting, post the lnk here or send it to my email - las_austin@yahoo.com.

• 1 month later...

Hey lilmermaid,

that's great!! I am going on the Rome to Athens cruise in September. Did you do any ship excursions? Any tips you could give us? IS there alot of noise in the cabins? Our cabin is in the very aft on Deck 1. Any info would be much appreciated.

Archived