Long Beach or San Pedro???

Barbie1

We will be sailing on the Vision in November. I would like to know if I would be better off booking a hotel in Long Beach or San Pedro.

RCCL, I hear sails out of San Pedro, but I don't know if I would enjoy my 2 nights prior to the cruise in Long Beach.

Me and my husband along with our two boys 10 & 13 yrs old. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Barb

Royal Caribbean Vision 11/04
Royal Caribbean Navigator 4/04
Princess, Grand 4/03
Disney, Magic 8/01
Carnival, Sensation 3/94

Hi , it depends on where you are flying into. In this area we have LAX (Los Angeles ) Burbank, Orange County and Long Beach airports . For San Pedro departures I would recommend LAX airport or Long Beach Airport. Would need to know more of what type of attraction you prefer, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Aquarium of the Pacific ?? Beach time ?Hollywood ? Each person has different preferences for there pre or post trip. If you are just coming in to get on ship then for San Pedro, you should book in San Pedro, out here all of our freeways and highways interconnect(and are very congested), but you would need a rental car if you are staying more than the one day. Our public transportation system isn't so great. And LA county/Orange county is a very large area.
Cori

thanks for the info, We are flying into Long Beach and will be staying 2 nights before boarding the ship. The first night we will be landing around 8:30 PM. So we only have one day in CA. We don't want to Disneyland, I think it would be to hectic. Maybe the beach would be a good choice to relax. Let me know what other suggestions you may have.

Barb

Royal Caribbean Vision 11/04
Royal Caribbean Navigator 4/04
Princess, Grand 4/03
Disney, Magic 8/01
Carnival, Sensation 3/94

Hi, first your choice of coming into Long Beach airport is excellent. It is a great little airport. About 2 blocks from the airport is a Long Beach Marriott hotel, also a Holiday Inn, both would be quite convenient. Depending on the weather, the beach might be to chilly in November even in southern California, bout ok for walking the beach or piers. The Queen Mary offers tours and it is right at the cruise port, might be nice the day of your departure. If you wanted to rent a car for a day , you could go either way on the 405 freeway from the hotel. one way is up to the Hollywood /Universal Studios area. Or the other way down Pacific Coast Highway to the beach cities of , Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Huntington Beach, etc. In Long Beach its self , there is the Aquarium, which is nice but pricy.As I said before depends on what you have in mind. Hope all goes well and you have a nice trip. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Cori

Archived