new york weather 11/26/2005

*helena*

hi am on cruise leaving ny ny on above date at 4.45pm and was wondering wot the temp is likley to be and if it will be dark or light .any new yorkers out there that can enlighten this brit!!! yhanks

It could be a little cold out because we are almost entering winter. It will be just after Thanksgiving, so hope you are coming in maybe a day or two earlier.

Most of the time we don't have snow, but it gets a little windy and chilly outside. Hope you have a good time.

i don't know what your version of cold is but i think it is definitely chilly around thanksgiving (in the 40's fahrenheit usually). definitely plan to come in early as that is a popular time to visit nyc. have fun!

Helena we visit our family every thanksgiving and the weather varies. For the most part though it is still light jacket weather.

We got tickets to see David Letterman last time-best fun we have had!

If you're coming in a day or two early (and I would expect that you will, coming from England) get your hotel reserved NOW!!!

Thanksgiving weekend is a very busy weekend in NYC, you may already have a hard time finding an affordable hotel, so book quickly.

The weather "normally" is on the chilly side (40's) but we've had anywhere from 6 inches of snow to balmy 70's. Plan for cool, and hope for warm ;)

But get that hotel room booked right away!

• 1 month later...

:) I am am native New Yorker, born and bred, and it's gets dark around 4:30 pm, daylight savings time ends before then.

You have to be prepared for late fall weather, it can snow or be a little warm. But it is November and we New Yorkers don't go around in light clothing. Wear layers, but forget about summer & spring clothing, you will freeze.

Enjoy yourself.

Synet165:)

Archived