Children-Get card? With Charging Privileges??

bdklein

My kids will be 8 and 11-on the NCL GEM if that matters. Do they get their own card? With charging privileges? If so, can I set them up with a limit? Or not give them any money. You know how those sodas and video games can add up.:) Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You have the option of setting it up either way- with or without charging privs.

I let my teen do it- but I buy her coke card anyway- usually $60 bucks or so for the week. So I just trust that she doesn't charge any unreal amounts.

You can check it at anytime from your room usually. If they get out of line- you can stop it- or just threaten them if they do stupid stuff outside of the limits you set- they can spend the whole week with their parents and not with the other kids......:o)

Julie

Yes, kids get their own sea passes as it is their ID to get on and off the ship, and it is also their room key. Depending the amenities on board, we had to show their sea passes if they wanted to do anything that required the signing of a waiver such as rock climbing wall, Epic Bounce, the Spider Web etc. A parent signs the waiver the first time that they want to participate and then staff swipe their card to confirm it in the future. You also have to show your sea pass at the Kid's Club too.

We had our 2 DS's (7 & 10) charging abilities taken off their cards more out of a concern that if the cards were lost, that someone could rack up the charges pretty quickly. We could have put a set amount on it, but we decided to keep the charging abilities to just the grown ups. When they are older, we will probably do things differently, but this works for us at this age.

When we were on the Norwegian Jade, they clipped a corner of the kids cards to indicate that they weren't supposed to charge with them. At check in they told me they couldn't make it so that they couldn't charge, so I assume that if they ran their cards through the video game card readers, they would have been able to do so. I thought it was strange that they couldn't make the kids' cards not have linked to the credit card, as other lines can do it.

Archived