Splendor - returning passengers - weather on modified itinerary

sbnuggie

Howdy to all of you returning passengers from the splendor,

I had a quick question. I was wondering how the weather/sea conditions were like on the last two days during the modified itinerary (skipping Mazatlan).

I know that the Mex Riviera cruise is famous for a bit of a choppy ride and chilly conditions on the last sea day after leaving Cabo San Lucas, you round Los Arcos and start heading north into the current and wind and it gets cold. Kind of like a gut punch.

Since Mazatlan is being skipped, splendor is doing PV on thursday then heading for home on Friday and Saturday. What has the weather been like for those two days. Are you able to use the slides/spray park. Do they close the roof on the middle pool. Let me know....thanks.

On our 3/6 sailing, the 1st day (Friday) was awesome weather and the seas were fine. Saturday however it was chilly and the seas were......interesting. This was the day after the earthquake hit Japan though so that may be part of it but I am not sure.

Just returned from 3/13 sailing. Last 2 days were rough - 20 to 30 mph winds, boat was rocking, we felt the motion for a few days afterwards. Couldn't enjoy the outside decks, waterslide, minigolf, etc. Got a little motion sick. Not sure if it is always that rough or the wind was the biggest factor. Captain kept reporting on the wind speed.

Archived