El Yunque and Forts in one day?

su2u

Hi- We are arriving in SJ on the Millie in April. Itinerary says docked at 10:00 a.m and sailing at 8 p.m. Understand that both the rain forest and the forts close at 5:00 pm. Do we have enough time to rent a car, drive to rain forest and then back to OSJ before the forts close. We have an 8 yr. old son who would love both but we don't want to rush everywhere looking at our watches all the time. Any adive would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! I've read it is an hour each way to the rainforest. I guess it depends on how long you want to stay there. Also, how quickly you can actually get off the boat, in the car and on your way.

I've read some reviews of people who loved El Yunque, and others which weren't quite so favorable.

Apparently parking in and around Old San Juan is a nightmare. I'm not sure if the fort has a designated car park area...maybe someone else can help there?

Just a note I found somewhere in my travels on these boards (thanks all!!): bring a kite to the fort.

Happy sailing and hope you enjoy San Juan!!

Archived