Grandeur itinerary change

It seems like the Grandeur has been changing from Grand Cayman to Key West on alternating weeks.I was counting down awhile back and our cruise on 4/9 would have been slated to go to Key West.Anyone know if the 3/26 sailing has been changed.If so that might mean we would be going to K.W.

Up until a week ago, I was convinced that we would be going to KW based on the same info as you. However, last week I check on 2 differnt web sites and it shows us going to GC. check on www.caymanport.com or www.cruisecal.com.

They should give you the info needed. Don't bother checking with RCCL. The customer service people don't have a clue.

Joe

HI,

I was on the Grandeur last week 2/26/05 sailing. I check with rccl prior to leaving & they said we would be going to Key West instead of GC. I checked all the port authority calendars & verified that we would be going to Key West. When I boarded & ran into the Guest Relations guy & ask him where we would be going. He said Grand Caymen & questioned why I was wondering. So I told him this info.

We had one wedding couple on board. Suppose to get married in GC. I think this is why we continued on this itinerary. Since we weren't on any PA calenders when we arrived in Cozumel they didn't have a pier for us. We had to tender. Arrived GC & were last to arrive & very far from the pier. It was too rough for the tenders so we didn't make it in. The wedding couple had a GC pastor come to the ship to marry them. We then had to leave GC. I understand if we can't get into GC due to rough seas but had we been closer to the pier it wouldn't have been a problem. The other 5 ships were still going to the pier without problems. That evening our waiter told us "my girlfriend works on the bridge with the captin & she told me we weren't going to GC". SO I also find this interesting. He said that he couldn't tell us that though. We were actually compensated 200.00 per stateroom on board credit. THis was really nice for them to do! Costa Maya we arrived early & got to stay for about 12 hours.

So you never know where you'll be going for sure. We had a fantastic cruise. This makes #4 on RCCL out of 10 cruises. The staff, food, entertainment was awesome & they all tried there very best to make this week fun for all. The weather was cool & cloudy all week. On sea day we actually had about 6 hours of clear blue sunny skys until the rain came in! LOL!

I have been told that GC may never fully recover from the damage of the hurricane.....you may wish you were going to Key West!

Have a great cruise!

Sue

All the calenders and schedules show Grand Cayman for every wek.I know there were some posters that received notice 2 weeks before that they were doing Key West but the calenders still showed the Grandeur in G.C. We are hoping for Key West because we have been to G.C. so many times and Key West only once. After hearing about the miss at G.C. I just hope we go somewhere.Not going to worry about it...wherever we go I am sure we will have a great time.The ship and the sailing is what we cruise for!!! I can't wait!!

Archived