Tiger Temple from Bangkok

foxeysandy

Greatam, have you found your pictures of Tiger Temple yet? I'd just love to see them. I'm still trying to set up a tour--nothing back from Bangkok Day Tours, and haven't heard from Tong in two weeks. Frustrating! Anyone else having problems setting up a tour?

I tried posting them yesterday but the connection time was just too slow. I am trying again now but don't know whether they will come through.

1351829796_cubcrawlingonmyleg.jpg.174ff5614d70d407466fa13ffabcd058.jpg

2113795538_thiscubwasreallylittle.jpg.2313d1b70236caf79dc18708a9c42f82.jpg

1845810162_DHandIatthetoppartofTigerTemple.jpg.12244636919b272387e3144c3547b7ae.jpg

1566334552_thisyoungfemalewassomellowshewasntevenchained.jpg.01815020da718cc7d0e3c2094b274b79.jpg

733711920_theguidewantedmetoclimbontherockwiththetigers.jpg.5d524940f5a6a654d487beab7ebce3f9.jpg

We will be in Asia starting on May 21st for 6 weeks, with our final destination being Bangkok. We have been there before, and really wanted to due something different. After extensive research we decided to do the "Breakfast with the Monks" as in the early morning there are less people and the tigers are more active as the heat has not affected them. This is by far the most expensive tour we have done, even more expensive than seeing the penguins in the Falklands. Getting picked up at 5.00 a.m. is the trade off, but it is once in a lifetime event. There is another Tiger Reserve in Chiang Mai but according to the research this is the place to do this, and Tong is the operator. I tried to get it cheaper by many other tour companies but Tong came out the cheapest.

Her response times are sometimes poor I have found, but if you keep on following it up with her, she gets around to it. Good luck to everyone!!

• 4 months later...
We will be in Asia starting on May 21st for 6 weeks, with our final destination being Bangkok. We have been there before, and really wanted to due something different. After extensive research we decided to do the "Breakfast with the Monks" as in the early morning there are less people and the tigers are more active as the heat has not affected them. This is by far the most expensive tour we have done, even more expensive than seeing the penguins in the Falklands. Getting picked up at 5.00 a.m. is the trade off, but it is once in a lifetime event. There is another Tiger Reserve in Chiang Mai but according to the research this is the place to do this, and Tong is the operator. I tried to get it cheaper by many other tour companies but Tong came out the cheapest.

Her response times are sometimes poor I have found, but if you keep on following it up with her, she gets around to it. Good luck to everyone!!

I am just starting my research for next year's trip... What was the final cost of the tour with Tong & the Tiger Reserve. What else did it include. Thank you for sharing.

Archived