Naples - Sorrento ferry situation?

fussylady

As far as relaxing and taking a later boat.....not if the cruise ship leaves Naples without me!!!!

I don't know if I'll ever be able to think like an Italian, but I certainly can eat like one.

Fussylady, we are on the same cruise in June, so I know Naples is the last port before back to Rome. The good thing if this happens is Naples is relatively close to Rome (3 hours or so plus an hour to Civitavecchia), so if you took a late train, you might actually BEAT the boat back :p

I think BACK UP PLAN is going to be our discussion at dinner tonight.

How do you get from the ferry dock to the train? I've been told it is not within walking distance from the ship to the train station. And I've also been warned about Naples' taxis.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

My husband and I have walked to the train station from the port. We walk every day for exercise. We just followed our map and made it there in about 30 minutes, or so. The next time we went, we caught a tram to the station because we needed the extra time for what we had planned that day.

Archived