Does a private tour offer Stingray's and dolphins?

MidnightSwinga

Sailing in a couple of weeks and don't feel like paying the $114 rate carnival wants, does anyone know of a independent operator that offers these two options together?

Whole family (4 of us) wants to do stingrays, only wife and daughter want to do dolphins.

pass on the dolphins. any place that does it will do it with these animals held captive.

Capt marvins offers an awesome tour that will do stingray city sandbar and they even have a combo tour that will take you to the turtle farm and some other spots along the way.

Just returned from Cayman. We wanted the same thing. Here's what we did...Got off the tender and Met chip with Stingray Sailing about 8-8:15. he took us to the sand bar on the Far-Tortuga Catamaran. we were a small group of 8. We then went to a reef and snorkled. Chip and his father Buster were wonderful hosts. Got back to 7 mile beach about 11:30 where chip dropped us off and helped us catch public transportation (a minivan for $2.50 pp). The driver took us to hell and let us take pictures, she then took us to the turtle farm/dolphin discovery. I pre-booked a 1:00 Dolphin swim before leaving home. I had to fib and say i was staying at a local hotel (choose one from google, cause they are contracted with the cruiseline. Do not tell them you are on a cruise!) You check in at DD then walk across the street to play with the turtles for free! The turtles were fabulous! At 1:00 we went back to DD for our swim. Left about 2:30 and took a mini van back to the port. Slipped in a few minutes of shopping (like getting your free garnets at Effy's) for souvenirs. Then slipped into the tender line about 3:15 for a 4:00 ship departure. Was a fabulous day!!!!

Kelley

ps http://www.stingraysailing.com

Just returned from Cayman. We wanted the same thing. Here's what we did...Got off the tender and Met chip with Stingray Sailing about 8-8:15. he took us to the sand bar on the Far-Tortuga Catamaran. we were a small group of 8. We then went to a reef and snorkled. Chip and his father Buster were wonderful hosts. Got back to 7 mile beach about 11:30 where chip dropped us off and helped us catch public transportation (a minivan for $2.50 pp). The driver took us to hell and let us take pictures, she then took us to the turtle farm/dolphin discovery. I pre-booked a 1:00 Dolphin swim before leaving home. I had to fib and say i was staying at a local hotel (choose one from google, cause they are contracted with the cruiseline. Do not tell them you are on a cruise!) You check in at DD then walk across the street to play with the turtles for free! The turtles were fabulous! At 1:00 we went back to DD for our swim. Left about 2:30 and took a mini van back to the port. Slipped in a few minutes of shopping (like getting your free garnets at Effy's) for souvenirs. Then slipped into the tender line about 3:15 for a 4:00 ship departure. Was a fabulous day!!!!

Kelley

ps www.stingraysailing.com

How much was the dolphin swim? Thanks

Kelley

ps www.stingraysailing.com

Kelley

This is exactly what I want to do, which Dolphin Swim did you do? The Ultimate Swim?

Thanks

I have contacted Stingray sailing and their tour in November (we are on the Freedom of the Seas, RCL) starts at 9AM.

We would get back at 12:30 and the Dolphin swim is at 1PM, they travel time between the 2 is about 10 mintutes.

What do you guys think? Would I make it? Should we go for it?:):(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived