FLL to POM question. Sorry....

ajhunt2

I know this really should be in the Fl departures board but I know there are tons more people over here ready to help out.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon for Destiny cruise. Flying into FLL (yay southwest cheap fares) and decided to stay at Holiday inn POM so that we are able to leave our bags at the hotel and get some beverages and such in the morning without having to lug them around.

Was all set to us SAS travel since I've seen sooo many post for them. But alas our flight doesn't arrive til 9 pm and was informed that they don't fun after 8.

Is the Go shuttle any good? How much is a taxi? Will be splitting in fare with another person if that makes a difference.

I used Go Shuttle once. They were right outside baggage, as I recall. We had no complaints. I don't know what hours they run though.

A taxi would be expensive, IMO. Last time I took one from FLL to a Miami hotel it was around $90. That's been several years ago, so I imagine it's more considering fuel prices now.

Is the Go shuttle any good? How much is a taxi? Will be splitting in fare with another person if that makes a difference.

The Go shuttle is very easy to use. I used them in 2007 when I had a total of 9 people traveling together and had them take us to that same Holiday Inn. I did the private van, as it was cheaper than "by the person" cost.

Just gather your luggage from baggage claim, walk outside to their booth/kiosk, tell them where you want to go and how many people and you'll be on your way in 15 minutes or less. I'd guess you are looking for the "shared ride" deal, which is "per person" ($23 p/p). A taxi (even for 2) will run you closer to $80-$90 total these days.

Their price "quote" to the actual Port of Miami should be the same price to the Holiday Inn-PoM.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

GP

Archived