Splendor -Ship Time vs Port time

sbnuggie

Howdy folks,

Tried the search, know one seems to answer this specifically. What is splendor doing about time on the Mexican Riviera. Planning independant excursions and we are on the modified itinerary.

Cabo is on Mountain Time but does not observe Daylight Savings Time so it is currently the same time as Pacific Daylight Time (California time).

PV is on Central Standard Time but does observer Daylight Savings Time starting april 3rd 2011. So it is currently one hour ahead of CA time but will be two hours ahead after this weekend.

What does the ship do with it's clocks. Thanks.

Howdy folks,

Tried the search, know one seems to answer this specifically. What is splendor doing about time on the Mexican Riviera. Planning independant excursions and we are on the modified itinerary.

Cabo is on Mountain Time but does not observe Daylight Savings Time so it is currently the same time as Pacific Daylight Time (California time).

PV is on Central Standard Time but does observer Daylight Savings Time starting april 3rd 2011. So it is currently one hour ahead of CA time but will be two hours ahead after this weekend.

What does the ship do with it's clocks. Thanks.

If you go to this link you can read the fun times on the Splendor day by day and it gives instructions when the change their clocks to MDT.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2011-03-16/Splendor%207%20day/

Well I got an email from PVP who stated ship time is set to Pacific Time for our cruise in May.....but I know from experience that when speaking with Carnival, often times it can be like the DMV, one person doesn't know what the other is saying......

Well I got an email from PVP who stated ship time is set to Pacific Time for our cruise in May.....but I know from experience that when speaking with Carnival, often times it can be like the DMV, one person doesn't know what the other is saying......

They change to MDT. Check the "fun times" and it will confirm the days they change the clocks.

Yes I looked at the fun times from that sailing, which is during "standard time zone" time of the year, guess what I really was wondering is if changes during the Daylight Savings Time of the year......

Excellent Question!!

This thought did not occur to me in my Very Early Trip Planning Process!!

I just made a note about this in my trip planning document!!

Thank You!!!

This is actually an easy one, try planning excursion on a western caribean itinerary during Daylight Savings Time........ouch

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1141873&highlight=

Archived