Can you walk to the sea glass beach near KW?

barbienj

Just want to know if that is doable, how long it would take to get there and if the roads are safe.

Otherwise if we took the bus, would we ask to be let off at the Royal Naval Cemetery?

TIA

Can you? Yes, it's Maybe a mile. Would I? No, there are no shoulders to walk on and it can be a bit scary at times when buses go by.

Take the bus and ask the driver to let you off at the cemetary and make sure you say good morning/afternoon to the driver when getting on the bus.:)

SB&S...Can you tell me about how long from start to finish this excursion will take? We are planning on going out in the morning around 9 then go back to the ship for lunch, we have a planned excursion at 2PM, we are meeting right at the dockyard for that...Do you feel this is doable with enough time to collect a decent amt. of sea glass?

The distance from the closest bus stop to the ramp to the wharf where the cruise ship ties up to the church mentioned in the directions in the link I posted in this thread is about 1.2 miles. I would assume a bus could do that in 4-5 minutes or less excluding waiting time. About a 5-7 minute walk from the bus stop to the beach. How long or how much sea glass will you pick up?

I would say it is doable unless you get carried away in your harvest.

SBtS

Thanks so much SB&S...I thought it would work I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!! We won't take all of the glass we'll leave some behind for others!! Your other thread with the map and satelite photo are amazing...thanks for all of your help!! I have them copied and ready to go!!

Archived