Wining about wine

I see now that RCCL is pretty strict on bringing your own wine. We last cruised in 2004 and brought two of our own bottles packed in our suitcase. Has the policy changed since then or were we just lucky to get it though last time?

I only want to bring one bottle to enjoy on our balcony but I'm guessing those days are no more?

---I know...I can't spell whine....:)

I see now that RCCL is pretty strict on bringing your own wine. We last cruised in 2004 and brought two of our own bottles packed in our suitcase. Has the policy changed since then or were we just lucky to get it though last time?

I only want to bring one bottle to enjoy on our balcony but I'm guessing those days are no more?

:cool:My first cruise, I carried 7 bottles, wrapped in bubblewrap on board in my carryon. Those days are long gone. I suggest going to gifts n gear on RCCL website, pre-order and have a bottle or two waiting in your cabin when you board:cool:

Yes but you may or may not get it through so if you really want it - buy a wine package when you get onboard or buy a bottle through gifts and gear. Just off the Enchantment on Saturday and the first night my suitcase did not arrive. When I asked the cabin steward why I got everything except one he said to go to deck 1. So my husband went to deck 1 and low and behold there was my suitcase with a big piece of masking tape on it that said 'alcohol'. There was no alcohol in the suit case nor anything even remotely shaped as such so we don't know why it didn't come up. But I think if it was bottle shaped it would definitely not come past deck 1.

Archived