What is the difference: calling PVP and Carrnival's 1-800 number?

Teamv

Can you tell me what the difference is between booking a cruise with a PVP vs. calling the Carnival 1-800 number?

I know that lots of people appreciate having a long-term association with a PVP, but this is not something I require. I want to book 5 people in 2 cabins, so don't want to book online. We went through a TA for our first cruise but feel like I am ready to be more in control this time. Actually, I was able to tell the TA some things that I learned here on CC.

Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me what the difference is between booking a cruise with a PVP vs. calling the Carnival 1-800 number?

I know that lots of people appreciate having a long-term association with a PVP, but this is not something I require. I want to book 5 people in 2 cabins, so don't want to book online. We went through a TA for our first cruise but feel like I am ready to be more in control this time. Actually, I was able to tell the TA some things that I learned here on CC.

Thanks for your help.

There isn't really a difference...the 1-800 number will connect you with a PVP you don't know. :)

I live having a PVP. I email her weekly and double check on any rates that aren't available that we can see online. We had an issue with our cruise being chartered and she gave me some "advice" for when I called Carnival back that worked out great. She helped a coworker get one of the 4J cabins on his November cruise. He would have not known about them otherwise. Its just nice to know that when you call, you get the same person so you don't call back and get different people with different attitudes and different answers.

ok, I think I get it now. There are 4 options on the How to Book page of the Carnival website. Option 2 is to call the 1-800 number and Option 3 is to speak to a PVP. I thought they were 2 different things, but I see now that when you click on the link for Option 3 (speak to a PVP) there is a screen to put your name and number in and they will call you back.

So the end point of Options 2 and 3 is the same. The difference is that with Option 2 you call them and with Option 3 they call you? Weird. :)

Thanks for the help!

Archived