Star or Dawn

They have been called sister ships. The Star underwent a big renovation to deck 12 last year, adding several new suites and inside cabins in the area that the Spinnaker lounge and game rooms used to be. The Dawn is undergoing the same renovation right now, I believe.

They will be pretty close to the same again when the Dawn's renovation is done.

They have been called sister ships. The Star underwent a big renovation to deck 12 last year, adding several new suites and inside cabins in the area that the Spinnaker lounge and game rooms used to be. The Dawn is undergoing the same renovation right now, I believe.

They will be pretty close to the same again when the Dawn's renovation is done.

Did they only renovate deck 12 ? I thought they updated the inside of cabins.

Did they only renovate deck 12 ? I thought they updated the inside of cabins.

I don't know the details of the Dawn's drydock, but usually when a ship goes into drydock they put in lots of new carpeting, beds, furniture, etc.

If they do to the Dawn what they did to the Star, in addition to the new suites and rooms on deck 12 they will move the Blue Lagoon to the 8th floor above the atrium, move the photo gallery, move the gift shops, change the Spinnaker Lounge and a few other things.

You can go to NCL's website and check out the deck plans for the Star. But again, I don't know for sure they are doing to the Dawn exactly what they did the Star. The only thing I have heard about for sure is making the new suites and inside rooms on deck 12. That is already reflected in the deck plans for the Dawn. When I looked last night, nothing else had been changed on the website - so far.

Archived