Grand Turk,Nassau,Half Moon

ozcaz

Hi All

I have had a look at excursions that Carnival have for these places and none really work for me.

Are any of these places like i think it was either St Thomas or St Maarten where we got off the ship and wandered around town and then went to the beach by ourselves.

I dont really want to do the hotel pool thing as i can do that at home. Getting in the water with Sting Rays scares the hell out of me.

We really like to do our own thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks heaps.

Caz

you can do the beach w/o having to book expensive excursions in ALL of these ports...

Nassau you can read on here about the different beaches and how to get there but cabs are not expensive. some of the different beaches are Cabbage, Junkanoo, Cable......Cable you would have to do the Hotel Pass thing but I have heard it is worth the $ but can't say for sure there. Cabbage is near Atlantis and will be $4 pp for a cab each way. Water can be rough near shore but just be careful and you will have fun. Junkanoo is w/in walking distance from the pier. Can be a long walk but is doable. Also there is the British Colonial Hilton near the port as well but it is quite pricey but they do give you a food voucher to offset part of the $$.

Half Moon Cay is a private island and is pretty much all Beach.....not problems there. Have not been to HMC my self but have been to CoCoa Cay another Cruisline Island and absolutely love the place.

Grand Turk have not been there but have read that the beach is right next to the docks....seen pics and looks pretty nice.

Archived