Destiny - roman epic - aug 2011

Hi villalady

The only night he would need to wear a jacket and tie would be on the formal night (Captains Gala Dinner - and it doesn't have to be a dinner jacket) although if you didn't want to attend this you can eat in the Lido and wear whatever you like.

Regards

Janet

Hi villalady

The only night he would need to wear a jacket and tie would be on the formal night (Captains Gala Dinner - and it doesn't have to be a dinner jacket) although if you didn't want to attend this you can eat in the Lido and wear whatever you like.

Regards

Janet

As Janet says, you don't need to take your formal stuff if you don't want to.

That is one of the beauties of a Thomson's cruise that they give you the choice. And if you don't want to dress up you won't feel that you are in the minority and stand out.

Berwyn

Hi villalady

Regards

Janet

Hi Smiffy 1951. Know this is nothing to do with the original question,but see you have been on Destiny a few times.never been on a Thomson boat thinking the Adriatic 2012.but don't realy want a cabin with porthole,any chanc you may know where the picture window cabins are on her .Thank you. :confused:

Hi Galatea:)

Although we have been on Destiny a few times I can’t for the life of me remember whether we had a picture window or a porthole, even though we have had an outside cabin every time!!! I have a feeling we had a picture window this year and we were on Deck 3. We have been on Decks 4 and 5 as well but as the cabins are all the same size, decided not to bother paying all the extra money for a higher deck. Deck 3 was just as good as 4 or 5. I would say, that the cabins on Destiny are renowned for being small, but as you only sleep and change in them, it’s never been a problem for us.

The best thing to do is decide on a Deck and then ring Thomson. They have a department specifically for pre-booking your cabin (for an extra charge)and they should be able to tell you which cabins have a picture window.

I see this will be your first cruise with Thomson. What I would say is if you are looking for glitz and glamour then you won’t find it with them. However, if you are looking for excellent service, great food and entertainment then you can’t go wrong with Thomson. We love the Destiny and the Adriatic itinerary is fabulous. We did it as our 2nd cruise with Thomson and I think a couple of the ports have changed, but most of them are the same.

If you have any more questions there will always be someone on this forum who will know the answer, so don’t hesitate to ask anything - we are a friendly bunch!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Janet

Archived