Happy and Sad at the same time...trying Celebrity, hope i don't miss HAL too much!!!!

ariawoman

Oh, we do have the same cruise date, I hadn't seen that before! What's your embarkation port? Ours is Rome.

You know, there's a story behind our booking. We booked with Celebrity because originally it had an overnight stay in Egypt, and HAL didn't. Well, now everything has changed, Celebrity canceled all Egypt stops for this year, and HAL hasn't canceled them (at least not yet). Kind of ironic, isn't it? :rolleyes: We really wanted to get back to Egypt (we were there a few years ago with HAL) but it just wasn't meant to be this year.

But we've stayed with the cruise because they lowered the price so much we can hardly afford to stay home. :p We have a CC guarantee, switched from a Sunset Verandah because the CC was cheaper!

You and I will be at the same place at the same time, ours is Rome as well :-) We will have to wave LOL.

I wonder if the ships will be near eachother.

I hope you love the Equinox as much as I did. It's a beautiful, stable, outstanding ship.

I sail on HAL fairly often, but since sailing on the Equinox, I am not looking forward to sailing on HAL as much as in the past. The Equinox really was that good!

Interesting....I wonder what will happen with me :-) I intend to be open to it all, and hopefully I'll love them both in different ways. I know I'll miss the towel animals, i adored those on HAL!

I sailed the equinox last year and you will love that ship. I have sailed on Celebrity several times in the past and the service and food is great. Plus no smoking in the rooms or balconey so for me that is a plus.

I am trying Hal next year for an Alaska cruise for the first time so I understand how you feel about trying a new cruise line. All I can say is relax Celebrity is great.

I too love the smoking policy, that's one of my main attractions. Unfortunately they allow it on Deck 5 port side mid ship, so I'm currently a tiny bit concerned about that wafting up, but considering i'm on the aft side of a jut out I'm hoping I'm safe!

Archived