Shore excursion for 1st time cruiser???

Hi,

will be on carnival destiny july 11th.Need help with shore excursion for Turks n caico, Half moon cay and Nassau ,Bahamas.We're all cruising for the 1st time.Have a senior with us.she would love to see the historical part of the island rather than the beach.Should i book ahead or wait till we get to the port???

Thankyou!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi,

will be on carnival destiny July 11th.Need help with shore excursion for Turks n caico, Half moon cay and Nassau ,Bahamas.We're all cruising for the 1st time.Have a senior with us.she would love to see the historical part of the island rather than the beach.Should i book ahead or wait till we get to the port???

Thank you!!!

I would recommend booking through Carnival. There are times that the itinerary changes and you may not go to Grand Turk because of weather. Carnival will refund your money a private company may not. Remember this is the start of hurricane season and a tropical storm could change your port of call. Stay flexible and enjoy your cruise. We are going on our 4th. Good luck.

I was in nassau last november, When you get off the ship it was so many people offering to give you historical tours very cheaply,i did not take any so i can't tell you if they were any good,we went to the sheraton for the day and it was nice.

Hi,

will be on carnival destiny july 11th.Need help with shore excursion for Turks n caico, Half moon cay and Nassau ,Bahamas.We're all cruising for the 1st time.Have a senior with us.she would love to see the historical part of the island rather than the beach.Should i book ahead or wait till we get to the port???

Thankyou!!!

Half Moon Cay is the cruise line's private island/beach so you won't find any history there. Here's my suggestion for Nassau. You can walk right off the ship into town and visit the Pirate museum. It was excellent. Then you can visit the Bahamas Historical Society Museum. From either place, if you take a taxi, it's about a 2 minute ride to Fort Charlotte, the largest of the island's three forts. It offers a great view of Nassau Harbor and was constructed by the British in 1789. Have fun!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising!

As has been suggested, check the Ports of Call section of these boards for some ideas for reputable independent tours. Half Moon Cay is just a beach island...the beach is beautiful and there are some Carnival excursions, but I don't think they would appeal to your senior. If he/she dislikes the beach then perhaps staying on the ship would be better. Or you can rent a cabana (if there are any still available under the Carnival shore excursions on the website) for your group...

Grand Turk is a small island...you might be able to find some type of a tour there.

Nassau is rich in history so I'm sure you can find something. I'm more of a beach/snorkel person, so haven't done all the historical tours.

Have a great cruise!!:)

Archived