my daughter and i will be on this cruise and we will be on deck 2

just got back may 22 cruise on the dream and what a dream it was

we will be on deck 2 has anyone been on this deck and did you like the

location. :)

my daughter and i will be on this cruise and we will be on deck 2

just got back may 22 cruise on the dream and what a dream it was

we will be on deck 2 has anyone been on this deck and did you like the

location. :)

Hi, yes, I answered you on your other thread, and I am on both 11th and 18th Fantasy cruises.

thanks for the reply how do you feel about deck 2 :o

I will give an honest answer and my own personal feelings, and that is that ''all'' DCL staterooms are nice, and you must book to your cruise budget, how much you are prepared to pay for a holiday/vacation. I personally do not like lower decks and inside staterooms, I like natural light, and I like longer cruises and staying in the room on sea days.

Now if you book a Dream cruise for 3/4 nights you do not spend a lot of time in the room so actually what room you book doesnt really matter. On a longer cruise, my personal opinion is that I would feel very enclosed in and would only be able to use a deck 2 room for sleep and getting dressed.

I like sea days, using the verandah, fresh air, and not feeling enclosed, I like to see the sun rise and sun set and also view us going into and out of port.

Deck 2 can get engine noise and also some vibration that doesnt occur on mid decks or top decks.

For a 7 night cruise, ( in our case 14 nights) I want my own space, to have room service on a verandah and so deck 2 doesnt suit. The room food smells go quicker with a higher deck room.

But as said there isn't anything overall ''wrong'' with any DCL stateroom and its personal preference, you have to fit your budget and personal requirements, if the family will be out and about all of the time having a verandah might be a waste to some. I will use it and I am prepared to spend extra cash to have that luxury.

Ensure you are not, at either end, ie not forward or aft, but midship and not below any entertainment area that could cause noise, aft as well will be closer to the engines.

Avoid areas near the laundry re noise and smells.

MY DD gets seasickness and finds lower decks as you cant see the sea, and you dont get fresh air brings it on, The restaurants on deck 3 have caused her problems, but eating in the top deck buffet our our room wasn't an issue. Its a well known fact that to cure Seasickness you look at the horizon and get fresh air, its caused by eyes and ears giving mixed messages such as I feel movement but walls do not move, so going up deck and looking at the horizon helps the Brain sort that out and a verandah room with fresh air helps.

I have been on a number of DCL and other cruises, my first cruises were in lower deck and inside rooms as we couldn't afford anything else, but nowadays I will not compromise, and for this cruise having been to all of the ports before I am sailing for the new ship and that experience and not actually for the ports of call.

Loads of people love and book deck 2 so do not worry, but I have given an honest answer.

thank-you very much for your honest opinion and i have plenty of time to

up grade we had 6004 stateroom for the dream in may we were way forward and a 5k treck to our room we could have drove the ship the room

was awesome except for the walk and we had a slanted not much port hole. this will be our 8th cruise everyone says you are closer to the dining

and other areas. but i will upgrade dcl says the inside with the interactive porthole are almost sold out.we book this on the ship and staterooms are

getting higher in price since i last look however you give good advice and you seem to know alot cool cruiser.keep me posted with all the fantasy news.:)

thank-you very much for your honest opinion and i have plenty of time to

up grade we had 6004 stateroom for the dream in may we were way forward and a 5k trek to our room we could have drove the ship the room

was awesome except for the walk and we had a slanted not much port hole. this will be our 8th cruise everyone says you are closer to the dining

and other areas. but i will upgrade dcl says the inside with the interactive porthole are almost sold out.we book this on the ship and staterooms are

getting higher in price since i last look however you give good advice and you seem to know allot cool cruiser.keep me posted with all the fantasy news.:)

Its true Deck 2 is closer to the main restaurants, and so for dinner its good, now breakfast and lunch you have the option of the top of ship buffet, so if you use that the benefit is just the evening meal, depends on your preference, often I am sent out early for something from Topsiders on the Magic, (now Cabanas on Fantasy), and bring back to the room, can go to/from quite often.

Higher decks of course are closer to the pools, Aquaduck, deck party, (sail-away and pirate), fast food outlets, Sport and spa, and the pool big screen. If you have your swimwear on I prefer to nip down just a deck, and change rather than use elevators etc in swimwear, we have our kids nip up and down from the pools and deck buffet, say pizza and burgers all day and on the Fantasy with circa 4,000 guests then elevators can be hard to come by.

In the evening we change nip down to dinner stay in that region for the shows and shops and then come back later so its not an issue being higher.

Deck 2 may have a benefit of being closer to the exit in ports of call so that helps.

cool cruiser i think the fantasy is going to be sold out soon and i hope they have more activities on the 7 day 4 night is good but not too many

would like to travel out to mexico.looking forward to grand cayman.:)

cool cruiser i think the fantasy is going to be sold out soon and i hope they have more activities on the 7 day 4 night is good but not too many

would like to travel out to Mexico.looking forward to grand cayman.:)

On the longer cruises there are more activities on sea days and the Navigator daily events paper will tell you when, and where, there is always so much to do.

Grand Cayman is very nice so much to choose there, if you like beaches, touring, or swimming with Dolphins. Best to book a DCL tour there as its a tender port currently, and that means you get smaller boats to take you in the harbour and the DCL trips get priority. The Island is building a port that can accommodate cruise ships.

I personally prefer the longer cruises as a 3/4 goes so quickly.

Maybe best to transfer this to the Cruise meets thread as quoted below in my signature line as more cruisers on our cruise may join in and will look for it there.

Archived