Princess Sapphire Trip Report

4wheeltravel

First, I would like to thank all those who post here because it helped me plan our trip. I posted a lenghty version of this on the cruise ship review but thought I would put the ports here.

o Ketchikan – we did the floatplane over Misty Fjords with Seawind Aviation – Steve did a great job and we really enjoyed it. We then shopped (it rained some but most sidewalks are covered). We also went to the lumberjack show. Although cheesy – we thoroughly enjoyed – good show.

o Tracy Arm – fabulous, very pretty, huge chunks of blue ice floating by. Note: you don’t have to be up at 6:00 to enjoy – we did but could have slept in a little. Also, it is very cold while passing through.

o Juneau – we did Harv & Marv whale watching and had Captain Lewis – this was very nice – he did a great job. Saw tons of whales and weather was perfect.

o Skagway – rented car and drove to Emerald Lake. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. We stopped at Carcross and let the kids see the musher puppies, also stopped at the desert – kids loved this – they ran and let off energy. Saw 5 bears on this trip which was my personal favorite.

o Victoria – just shopped. Note: they give all change back in Canadian dollars which I found strange since when we were in the Yukon, they gave either or. Also, they push a bus ride at $8.50/person to get to the shopping area but we got a cab round trip for $17.00 for all 5 of us.

Archived