Anyone do a Hawaiian cruise with infant?

cantwaitforoasis

Hi. I was looking into Hawaiian cruises with NCL. Is it correct that they let infants over 6 months sail the Hawaiian cruise? I saw that other cruise lines have a 12 month limit on Hawaii. Why?? I am thinking of going when my daughter would be almost 1 year old so that we can have free airfare, which would save $1000+ and also free cruise fare, except taxes. Are the shore excursions in Hawaii free as well to infants? How about toddlers? We have only cruised the Caribbean before but Hawaii sounds amazing. Going when she is older is only an option if we can afford it, plus we may also have other babies by then and not be able to afford to go if we wait. What are your thoughts? Thanks!!

The only thing I found on the NCL site is this - " Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on NCL ships." under this link: http://www2.ncl.com/faq So, I guess they let babies over 6 months go to all NCL ships and itineraries.

The only thing that came to mind with the 6 vs 12 month age restriction may be because NCL does a 7 day RT from Oahu and the other cruise lines do a 14-15 day cruise to Hawaii from S. California with about 8-9 sea days. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that question.

We did the Hawaii cruise when my son was 14 months old and my daughter was 3 yrs. old when NCL used to have an 11 day Hawaii RT from Honolulu. We didn't do the excursions but rented a car at each port instead. We've done a lot of excursions with them in other ports and we've never been charged as long as they weren't occupying a seat.

I highly recommend renting a car in the Hawaiian ports. With an infant/toddler, this will give you a little bit more flexibility with your itinerary. Hawaii is an amazing cruise destination. Keep in mind though that the 7 day one on Pride of America is very port intensive with no relaxing sea days like the Caribbean. I say go for it and take her on a Hawaiian adventure :) Good luck!

Archived