Dive Shops w/Carnival Victory Island Stops

phoenix III

Does any one know of a dive shop that has packages for Cruisers? Heading out 8/14/11 on Carnval Victory from St. Thomas to Barbados and then back. Three of us dive the rest want to snorkel or walk the beach. Any suggestions for an "all inclusive" diving shop?

Thanks and going PLATINUM :D

We are doing the Victory Southern cruise later this month and we are diving in St. Thomas, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. We are doing a full day tour/snorkle in Barbados and a Horseback ride and snorkle in St. Martin. We booked with the following:

St Thomas- Coki beach dive club. They are very affordable and its a beach dive so we can get a refresher and an easy dive our first time out. $50 for 1st dive including equipment and $20 for a second dive the same day.

St. Lucia- Scuba Steve. Tried to book Ti Kaye resort but it was full :-(

St. Kitts- Pro Divers.

I dont remember the cost on St. Lucia or St. Kitts but they were way cheaper than Carnivals and we got great service making our reservations for both of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I will be sailing with you! I just wanted to let you know one thing that I have read while doing my research for this trip. A few people have planned diving excursions through the boat, but were not told until after they booked that you must have a minimum number of dives under your belt in order to participate in the excursion. I am not sure if this applies to you, but I hope it helps, good luck!

Does any one know of a dive shop that has packages for Cruisers? Heading out 8/14/11 on Carnval Victory from St. Thomas to Barbados and then back. Three of us dive the rest want to snorkel or walk the beach. Any suggestions for an "all inclusive" diving shop?

Thanks and going PLATINUM :D

Congrats on getting to Platinum! We did our Victory (2nd of a B2B with Adventure of the Seas) this spring a little differently...

St. Kitts - we dive with Kenneth's Dive Center - we've been diving with them at least once a year for years and years, and it's like coming home. Can't wait for our next trip in December! Their website has changed recently, and it's not all the way set up yet. http://www.kennethdivecenter.com (E-mail kdcsk@yahoo.com)

St. Thomas - we did a boat dive with Coki Beach Dive Club. What a blast! Good for a mixed group as it's right there at Coral World. Blue Island Divers is also good - we had some folks go with them the 2nd week, but I was suffering BIG time with the worst cold in years, and just couldn't drag myself out of the bed that day.

St. Lucia - The best advice I can offer is not to go with the ship's excursion (BTDT). Dive Fair Helen typically gets good reviews, but they have been mixed lately. Irwin 'Papa' is another choice. Island Divers gets good reviews. If you have a mixed group that wants to stay together, I would probably look into Island Divers first, as it's at the Ti Kaye resort. Scuba Steve gets some good reviews, but personally, I will not book them because of the no refund policy (if the ship does not dock, you still get charged). We're still debating for December.

Barbados - we dive with John Moore of Dive Barbados, http://www.divebarbados.net but sometimes he works with The Dive Shop Ltd, which is directly on a beach http://www.divebds.com/. I believe that there is a dive shop associated with the Boatyard complex, if your folks want a party atmosphere.

...and we thought the steaks in the buffet on Victory were fabulous.

Have a great time!

Wendy

Archived