What is best RCCL St. John excursion?

Since nobody has chimed in yet, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. There isn't an RCI tour that has an island tour and beach time. You might try one of the "Destination St. John" tours (walking or shopping). They are 6 1/2 hours long, which will give you plenty of time on St. John. They are $40 pp, so it isn't too much more than doing it yourself, with the added security of not worrying about DIY water transportation. You could probably hire a taxi tour on St. John that will include dropping you off at a beach. On another thread, someone mentioned they did this and skipped the walking tour, so they had that much more time on St. John. The actual St. John island full tours that RCI have are only about 4 hours long total.

We are planning to take the Destination St. John Coastal Cruise tour in December. This unfortunately isn't offered on your cruise, but I thought I'd mention it for anyone else who happens to look. I think it's a new option. They drop the walkers and shopper tours people off, then do a cruise up and down the coast of St. John. It then leaves you with about 3 1/2 hours on the island to do what you want. We'll probably do a short island tour, then hit one of the beaches. We are really looking forward to going to St. John (we've been to St. Thomas a few times).

We did the "Destination St John Historic Walking Tour & Leisure Time" a few weeks ago. I posted this under St John Walking Tour. I highly recommend this as a stress-free way to see St John.

Archived