Disco on the Conquest

Has anyone been married on the Conquest and had the reception in the Disco? I have seen pics showing all the tv screens on the walls and just wondered if we can show any videos or slideshows on these screens? Or is it just what Carnival puts on there? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The screens were green I think no one even noticed. The wedding was fabulous everyone says the best wedding they have been to. Her wedding was the first of the day and everything went so smooth.DJ was great. The staff with the drinks were very friendly. The bartenders could have been a little friendlier but they were fine. The food was very good too.She wouldn't have changed a thing. The photographer was very good but get ready for sticker shock lol. Let me know if you have any other questions dw2bizee2@yahoo.com Goodluck on your wedding. Debi

Thanks Crystal. We're not getting mariied until march, but was hoping we could put all those screens to good use of some kind. Even if it's just a slideshow with pics, or maybe videos, or something. I guess I'll call and find out when it gets a little closer to time.

Did you write a review on your wedding? I know there's not a whole lot of Conquest brides on here, but I sure do love hearing from the ones that are. What room did you have your ceremony and reception in?

I did not get married on the Conquest, but I did get married in the Disco on a Carnival ship, they scrolled "Congratulations Mr & Mrs Rodriguez" on the screens the whole party, it was actually pretty cool to see as we walked in, made it kinda "real" that I was married!:)

No, I did not write a review. But it was perfect. I'm not much on planning, so this was the way to go. They did everything. The food was beautiful, although I don't think I ate any. The cake was great and they will bring the leftovers to you at dinner all week. We brought our own music with songs we chose together and that were preloaded into a wedding songs playlist on our ipod. We just hired the technician to play our music. Originally we chose the DJ and I think we would have gotten the disco. But then I read that the dj plays top 40 and we were afraid we may not like his playlist. So, we switched.

Our wedding ceremony was in the Gallery and the reception was in Alfreds bar. It was nice.

My only complaint is that it went by too fast. But we had all week to keep the celebration going. We had a group of 20 friends that sailed with us and another 25-30 that just boarded for the wedding and then got off.

Judy

Our wedding ceremony was in the Gallery and the reception was in Alfreds bar.

How was the Gallery? I just heard back from my wedding coordinator that my wedding is tenatively scheduled for the Gallery on board the Conquest. My finace and I sailed our first cruise on baord the conquest, but I can not for the life of me recall the layout or even where it was at on the boat. the only thing I can think of is it is where the art show was. How was the reception in Alfred's bar? She did mention it as well, but could not confirm. ATM, we are the only wedding scheduled which makes me really happy to hear that!!

Any advice or tips you can give will be great!! :)

Archived