Norwegian Epic?

hbmom2

Hi! My DH and I are considering going on the Norwegian Epic in February with our 2 DD's (8 and 11). I was just wondering how people liked the Epic that went on it? If you were to give it an overall marking over 10, what would you give it? What are the pros and cons? This would be our first time ever sailing with Norwegian. We've sailed with Carnival, and just Carnival for 7 years. We love Carnival, but we just want to try something different this time. I've looked at the tour of this ship - it looks amazing! It seems like there is a lot to do for the adults, as well as the kids. Yeah, so if you just LMK your opinion and reviews, that would be fantastic!

-Heather

Never sailed Carnival, so I can't compare. However, we sailed with 2 kids, 12 and 5 at sailing, and they loved it. The waterslides and pool was fun - the 12 year old loved the rock wall too. They both used the kids club - the 5 year old more and she loved it. The 12 year old enjoyed when she went, but it wasn't full, so they sometimes combined with the littler kids. I can't imagine that happening in February, especially if you're sailing on President's Week.

The kids ate all the food and they can be picky. My husband and I enjoyed the food. We did stay in a suite, so the Epic Club was our place of choice for breakfast which was phenomenal.

The shows were fun - we loved Blue Man Group. Didn't go to a lot of the late night stuff, but enjoyed the bars, Slam Allen and the acoustic guitarist.

Moderno was EXCELLENT. But go hungry. Wayyyy too much food.

We loved it so much that we booked it again for February 2013. I can't wait to sail her again/

If you would like to see the dailies and some suite pics, they're in my signature. Enjoy!

Archived