Spirit - Pearls of the Aegeon

We are travelling on the Spirit on 30th September for 7 nights. Really looking forward to the trip but we have never travelled to this area before. Does anyone have any tips on places to visit when we dock at the various ports. We dont mind doing our own thing taxis, buses or trains if this is easy.

Hope you can help!

I'm booked on the same trip for the 16th Sept.

I've been to Ephesus before (over 20 years ago!) and want to go again to see what's new. It's pretty spectacular. Similar to Pompeii in many ways but a very different kind of architecture and site. If you haven't been I'd recommend it. I'm also aiming to go to Knossos on Crete because last time I was on the island we never quite made it - we were staying at the other end of the island... but everyone who had been said it was good.

But other than that I'm in virgin territory too so look forward to other replies here.

BTW Does anyone know how easy it is to see Corfu town on embarkation day? We arrive in Corfu at 13:00 and the boat doesn't leave till 11:00pm. But I guess we'll have lifeboat drill etc before then so need to be back on board by 6:00? That potentially gives us a couple of hours, is it worth even trying to see the place?

You do the lifeboat drill on the Sunday while at sea all day so you got plenty of time in Corfu.

What happens if we hit an iceberg on the first night?:D

Last time we were on the Spirit we did it before we left Palma.

Might be something to do with the staggered arrival times of passengers.

I think we'll have a "refresher practice" in the cabin with the lifejacket before we sail.

Archived