Epic Courtyard Villa???

cluv123

Ok...so I think we finally chose the Epic CV over the Oasis GS. I am hoping this is the right choice. Anyone that has sailed either your input (encouragement) would be appreciated...haha!

A few questions for you with knowledge on this area...will be traveling with Husband, and 2 daughters (10 & 14)

1. Floor 16 or 17...and location in hall?

2. Is 24 hour room service included or a charge at certain hours? special FULL menu?

3. Extra perks you noticed (other than what is on the website)

4. Spa Facilities...good in the courtyard area or do you have to go to the full Spa/Gym?

5. Any liquor included in room or concierge lounge?

6. Are the PERKS worth the price? (besides the beautiful courtyard)

Thanks so much...love all the input from this board!

Photos or copies of the daily "papers" and kids activities would be GREAT. Thank you so very much!:)

Ok...so I think we finally chose the Epic CV over the Oasis GS. I am hoping this is the right choice. Anyone that has sailed either your input (encouragement) would be appreciated...haha!

A few questions for you with knowledge on this area...will be traveling with Husband, and 2 daughters (10 & 14)

1. Floor 16 or 17...and location in hall?

2. Is 24 hour room service included or a charge at certain hours? special FULL menu?

3. Extra perks you noticed (other than what is on the website)

4. Spa Facilities...good in the courtyard area or do you have to go to the full Spa/Gym?

5. Any liquor included in room or concierge lounge?

6. Are the PERKS worth the price? (besides the beautiful courtyard)

Thanks so much...love all the input from this board!

Photos or copies of the daily "papers" and kids activities would be GREAT. Thank you so very much!:)

We had a 2 bedroom Family Villa on the Epic Courtyard, here's a few of the answers:

1. We were on 16. Advantage is you're on the same floor as the courtyard pool, but getting from 17 to the pool isn't that hard.

2. There is 24 hour room service, but NCL has recently put in a small charge for room service early, early in he morning (can't remember the exact hours). There is a room service menu in your cabin, but if you're ordering during hours when your butler can help you, you can probably get things brought to you that are not on the menu.

3. The website describes the perks pretty well. Epic club is fabulous for your meals..it has its own kitchen and the food is excellent.

4. The courtyard Spa has sauna and steam rooms, and a small exercise area. I believe you have to go to the Spa itself for other services.

5. No liquor included in the 2 bedroom villa, but there is included liquor in an owners suite. You can always order liquor and bar service through your butler. There is no concierge lounge, but there is a bar in the open air grill area outside the Epic club, which serves the courtyard pool. It seemed to open for service quite a bit. They also serve complimentary coffee, tea and snacks (cookies) in this area during the day.

6. Yes. The cabins are superb, service is excellent, Epic club (as mentioned above) is wonderful. Courtyard pool area can get pretty crowded at times...it's really not all that big...but that didn't bother us too much. There's also a little known private sun deck that you have to access through the mens & womens changing rooms (same way you get to the exercise room). Be sure you check it out; it was almost never used during our cruise.

You'll enjoy your cruise immensely, I'm sure!

I had the GS on the VOYAGER and a CV on the GEM. They are worlds apart.

The only thing available to people staying in a GS is a small room for drinking coffee. To add to that, the coffee machine was always empty.

The courtyard complex on the GEM and the service you get are superb, so much so I am booked on a CV on the epic in August.

Once you have experienced the Courtyard facilities, you'll understand.

we stayed on floor 16 and LOVED being so close to the courtyard and grill.

We thought the perks were AMAZING for the price. Especially Posh and Epic Grill.

Link to Pics in my signature

wow thanks for the pics ! We are on deck 17 in a 2 bedroom next Feb - cant wait.

wow thanks for the pics ! We are on deck 17 in a 2 bedroom next Feb - cant wait.

anytime. We booked the same exact room for Feb 2013 (originally western but now eastern). It will essentially be the same exact cruise and we don't care - that's how much we loved it! enjoy!

Archived