Dyea Dave Summit tour or Dyea?

rrobynec

I am going to book a late afternoon "quickie" tour with Dyea Dave.

They have two different options--one to Dyea, and one that is part of a longer tour to the Summit (other folks will have been with them since 8am, which incorporates the train in the tour).

Anyone can say which offer more scenery, or other things we should consider?

I am going to book a late afternoon "quickie" tour with Dyea Dave.

They have two different options--one to Dyea, and one that is part of a longer tour to the Summit (other folks will have been with them since 8am, which incorporates the train in the tour).

Anyone can say which offer more scenery, or other things we should consider?

We went with Dyea Dave's sister on a tour and when we booked, we just told Dave that what we really wanted was to see the out of the way places that the tourist would not normally see....the places the locals enjoy. She took us in her van to wonderful spots, incl. Dyea. We saw such beautiful country and saw so many different colors of mushrooms (you know the ones in the cartoons that are red with white polka dots...yep, we saw those), flowers, rivers, overlooks of Skagway, and the mountains and the grass flats, an old miner's cabin (dug into the ground for protection from the winters), A really great tour for the money. gg

I am tempted to tell them that I don't have a preference and to surprise me that day. The cost is about the same--so when I send the deposit, it won't matter.

I wonder if they will do that?:confused:

This way, if one of them books up, they can put us on the other one.

I am tempted to tell them that I don't have a preference and to surprise me that day. The cost is about the same--so when I send the deposit, it won't matter.

I wonder if they will do that?:confused:

This way, if one of them books up, they can put us on the other one.

You can ask, and as long as you know you have a tour with them............!!!

I would ask if he could drive you around the beach area. I know he takes a boat there, but it might be an out of the way beach area he would take you to, since people go there to look about. Go to the Alaska search...advanced search.. and put in dyeadave and when the threads all pop up, scroll down to the thread titled Dyea Dave. It has some great info about what others did that was so cool....on a tour with him. gg

Archived