Formal dinner nights

TOYCRAZY

Getting really excited about our 1st cruise ever. I was wondering about the formal nights. I did book a reservation already for Nick & Nora's Steak house, so I assume that is formal attire. How do you know what nights are the formal nights in the regular dining room. I did'nt know if I wanted to miss one of them on a night I planned to go to the Steakhouse. Any thoughts?

Is it a 7-night cruise? Usually, "elegant" nights (the new name for formal nights) are the 2nd night and the 6th night of a 7-night cruise. Unless you're going to the steakhouse on one of the elegant nights, you don't need to get dressed up. On the elegant nights, however, the dress code for men is a jacket required.

Getting really excited about our 1st cruise ever. I was wondering about the formal nights. I did book a reservation already for Nick & Nora's Steak house, so I assume that is formal attire. How do you know what nights are the formal nights in the regular dining room. I did'nt know if I wanted to miss one of them on a night I planned to go to the Steakhouse. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on your first cruise.

There really are no more 'Formal' nights on Carnival cruises. They're called 'Elegant' nights and the dress code is somewhat more lax than it used to be. There are two Elegant nights on a six night or longer cruise. The first one is always the evening of the first full day of your voyage. The second one will be the fourth or fifth night of the cruise. Plan around those as you don't want to miss the lobster (as much as you want) or the Prime Rib (also as much a you desire...).

If you booked the steakhouse for one of the Elegant nights, yes, you'll need to dress up a bit including a jacket for the gent. Other nights all you need do is dress as you would for the Main Dining Room.

:)

It is an eight night cruise to Bermuda from NYC with the first three days at sea, 3 days at King's Wharf and then headed back to NY. The one night I booked at the steakhouse is the night before we return.

It is an eight night cruise to Bermuda from NYC with the first three days at sea, 3 days at King's Wharf and then headed back to NY. The one night I booked at the steakhouse is the night before we return.

It's most unlikely that will be an Elegant night so I'm betting you're fine.

:)

Archived