How often does CCL change its routes from certain ports?

Like you, I am from Texas and would like some new stuff. I feel that Carnival has tried to vary things up a bit in the past few years with the eastern/western routes but for 7 days it's hard to include more ports because of distance. Magic I've seen is offering a new western itinerary of Honduras, Belize, and Mexico (I think). From Galveston, it's probably safe to say that we are stuck with those itineraries or variations of those for a long time. :cool:

Maybe a seasonal or occasional 9/5 alternation would be cool. Just a thought :)

Itinerary changes happen seldom. A ton of work, effort and money goes into setting those routes up... negotiations with port officials for space; contracting with local tour operators for excursions; contracting for fresh water to be delivered to ship, etc goes on for perhaps a few years before a new itinerary can be released.

Having said that, there are some itineraries from Galveston ( my homeport as well...) that you may have missed. Of course, the Conquest currently does the western Caribbean and Bahamas routes now. The Ecstasy does a 4 day to Cozumel and a 5 day to Progreso and Cozumel. When the Magic debuts she'll take the current routes offered on the Conquest plus a new route for Galveston... Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan and Cozumel! Pretty port intensive!

Lots of folks find they have favorite ports and favorite places in those ports and love returning. Personally, I LOVE Progreso... I'd go once a month if I could and have a favorite spot on Cozumel that we visit every time we call there. I'm a Jamaica junkie so any chance to make port there and I'm thrilled.

So, really, Galveston isn't bad at all. You've got quite a few options and perhaps more to come... ;)

:)

Archived