Just Back from 10 day cruise tour on Coral Princess

dee66

Hi,

I want to say a quick thanks to everyone on CC for answering my questions when planning my first cruise. I just returned and will try to post a review soon, but if anyone has specific questions just post the question and I will answer.

We were on the northbound cruise on the Coral Princess with 2 nights at Denali Princess and 1 night at the Mckinley Princess.

Was there actually time to even do an excursion at Mckinley Lodge if you are there only one night?

No there was no time. We left the train Depot at Denali at 12:15pm and arrived at Talkeetna at 4:30-5:00pm We stayed in Talkeetna and walked around and had dinner and then caught the shuttle back to the lodge. Arrived at the lodge at 8:30pm and left at 8:00am the next morning. It was the only day that rained for us so we could not see Mt. Mckinley from the lodge. I never really understood why princess includes the one day there in their cruise tours. Any way that was the last day of our trip and we had our fill of excursions, etc.

Archived