Pride of America Cruise Dailies

Zimomiller

• 3 weeks later...

I just took a look and counted how many emails I have sent out with the dailies. I stopped counting at 400.

Apparently the Pride is popular.

We sure had a great time.

I just finished posting the review of our last day on the Pride on our review thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465217&page=3

I hope our review and dailies help you plan as much as the reviews and dailies that we read in advance helped us.

The Freestyle Daily was a little different the week we sailed (September 10, 2011) from the ones you posted, Zimomiller. I'm not sure how often the shows change but they had changed.

Saturday - Welcome Aboard Variety Show ending with Tim Kaminski

Sunday - Aloha Polynesia Show

Monday - Rock-a-Hula Luau (musical comedy)

Tuesday - Magic of Matt Marcy

Wednesday - Comedy of The Second City

Thursday - Never Too Old to Rock 'n Roll with Toby Beau

Friday - Lights, Camera, Music

We just returned home after our September 17 cruise on the POA. I don't think this will help anyone, but I have the dailies in Japanese if anyone wants copies.

POA having the dailies in Japanese was one of a few things I was actually pleasantly surprised about. We were never able to get the equivalent on our previous cruises. I understand that Hawaii, in general, caters to a Japanese tourist base, but it was a treat to receive written and (sometimes) aural communication in Japanese while on the ship nonetheless.

That said, as a tangential aside, I was somewhat disappointed that very few POA crew and staff actually spoke any Japanese, even in their "signature" Japanese restaurant. In fact, I understand that the Teppanyaki restaurant manager is Chinese.

• 1 month later...

A copy of the dallies would be great! I just emailed you with my address.

I am in the process of creating a "beach day" for us to rest up before we arrive back in Honolulu. I am planning it for Thursday in Kauai (overnight at port so no worries about what time to return to ship). I am going to try to get us a "day use" room at one of the resorts close by so we can lounge in their chairs and just relax at the beach for a day. Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks

The Freestyle Daily was a little different the week we sailed (September 10, 2011) from the ones you posted, Zimomiller. I'm not sure how often the shows change but they had changed.

I noticed in our Jan/Feb b2b that each weeks had a couple of changes so I would imagine over time they would be several differences.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - How kind of you to have made a scan of the dailies. May I also receive a copy of them. Our cruise will be in Feb 2012. My e-mail address is strathspey8x32@yahoo.ca. Also, I was reading in someone else's post that due to the earthquake in March 2011 there was no sail by the lava flow when the ship left Hilo. Was this still the case? Thank you, blueyez

Archived