Legend-Veranda Restaurant

glenr

Sailing on the Legend on 9/2. Have previously sailed on the Spirit so I assume the layout is the same. I seem to remember that for the Veranda (or Restaurant 2) reservations had to be made. I had my travel agent call about arranging this for our first evening, and she was told by Seabourn that no reservations are necessary.

Is this the case? Thank you.

Glen

Reservations are necessary. However, they are not taken online, apparently. Best bet is upon boarding, go to the Pursers' Desk and sign up for that night. Otherwise, it has been 48 hours in advance. Remember, it might not be a tasting menu but a Bistro choice. That will be printed in the Herald in your suite, or, there are usually copies in the rack beside the Pursers' window.

The Veranda/2 Restaurant was very popular on our recent Legend cruise. It was open six of seven nights (closed on Deck Barbeque night). There were five theme dinners and one tasting dinner. If you would like to dine there on the first night of your cruise, stop by the pursers desk IMMEDIATELY upon boarding. We boarded at 12:15 and there was already a wait list ... the multi-week guests had booked it up. We received a call at 6pm advising that we had cleared the wait list and we had a wonderful dinner.

The first day's Herald will list the dress code as well as the Veranda/2 Restaurant theme (but not menus) for the entire week which will help you with your planning. As I recall we had Asian, Bistro (casual French), Latin, Steakhouse, Tasting, and Trattoria (casual Italian). Unfortunately if you wait for the actual menu to be posted in the prior evening's Herald, the restaurant may already be booked. The theme nights generally have two choices per course, so there is a slight chance you would like the theme but not care for the menu. This unintentionally encourages guests to book and cancel (or book and no show), so you should always ask to be added to the wait list.

Archived