Hotel on The Cay

cheaptravel

I see that RCCL offers an excursion that takes you to this little island for several hours and you can ferry across to town to go to bars / restaurants or shop. It includes a buffet lunch at the hotel and use of the little beach. We like to visit breweries and there is one in Christiansted.

Has anyone been there to say if this sounds like it's worth the $$ ? I've read that there are many species of sea life to be seen in shallow waters there. I know that a round-trip taxi to Christiansted is pricey and this way we have our transportation set ......

It's your call whether it's worth the money or not. I bet you could take a shared taxi (or book your own) to Christiansted, pay for the short boat ride to the Cay, and buy lunch for much cheaper than what RCCL would charge you.

I liked the Cay. It had some of the clearest water and the most conch shells I've seen anywhere, but there really wasn't anything else in the water except a few very small fish. If snorkeling is top priority, I would say book a dedicated snorkeling tour.

Dennis

Archived