Hidden things

cheri

For some strange reason this comment reminded me of a movie called 'Being John Malkovich', starring John Cusack, Cameron Dias, Catherine Keener, and John Malkovich where the Cusack character works on the 7-1/2th floor, a floor that is only 4ft high. Odd, but funny, stuff. Is Carnival's hidden deck similar?? ;)

being_john_malkovich-1.jpg

Malkovich-2.jpg

THE WORST movie we hava ever seen.

We found a neat shortcut to get to the front of the ship on the Carnival Sensation-which might be the same for all fantasy class ships.

Take the most forward elevator to Vernandah deck 11.

Then go through the V Cabin hallway (left) to the very front,

IMG_0376.jpg

There there are double doors that say exit at the end of the hallway.

This is the fastest and easiest way we could find to the front (bow?) :)

Raelene....thank you for the really good tip about the Sensation. I think this is the kind of "hidden" things the OP was talking about. It is always fun to be on a ship, and discover something novel, or something that you realize most folks do not even know about. Anyone know any secrets about the Westerdam ???? gg

That is hilarious! Now, I have to see that movie.

Regarding secret doors: On Carnival they are normally the decks above and below the bridge at the front of the ship. If you go past all the passenger cabins there is a door leading out and it looks like a dead end because there is another door about 10 feet beyond it. That's the door that opens out front and you will see (in the open air) what the Captain sees from the bridge.

Not many people go there and it's a great (but windy) place to see where the ship is going.:D

This also applies to HAL ships.

I've heard of folks leaving their unused drink cards in the Giddeon Bible in your stateroom. I haven't found one so far and I never have any drinks left to leave one :D

John

Archived