10 More Days Just confirmed everything yesterday!

ToBeWed

One week from today we will be boarding the Carnival Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale to go on our wedding/honeymoon cruise.

I have to say that I have been on cruise critic for some time now and sometimes I feel like the minority..... I have had a wonderful coordinator through Carnival (Dinah) and my coordinator through Royal Ocean Events (Catherine) has been so helpful as well.

I think I am having such a different experience because I am not getting married on embarkment day. It appears that is a hectic day for Carnival for weddings. I am getting married on the 13th, onboard the ship, while in the port of St. Thomas. We are the only wedding that day. (Suggestion for future brides) We also booked early so we would have had first choice on location and time anyway. I have known the time and location of our wedding for some time now. I know that it is not set in stone until the "final confirmation" from Carnival but... we pretty much knew we would be able to get what we wanted being the first to book for that day.

Like other brides... I would have loved to be married on the beach (I have seen some beautiful pics of other weddings) but we are people that like to get the most for the amount of money we are spending and paying extra to transport our guests, for extra decor, and to only have champagne and cake. It just didn't make sense to us when we could have a wedding, hot and cold hor devours, and an open bar aboard the ship. ;)

I really do hope that everything turns out well. I have been looking forward to this for some time now.:) I would have loved to have OOT bags, special accents like customized flowers and decor but I do not believe that is in our budget. Especially when we are traveling from so far (RI via plane, having to pay for bags) and would have to ship these things to the hotel ahead of time and then try to carry them on this ship. We are only bringing a runner, silk petals for runner, cake table, and favor table. Favors and a guest book.

I am getting my hair and make up done by Sugar and Spice Artistry. I am really looking forward to this because it appears that they do beautiful work. I originally was going to have it done on the ship but..... I am African American and have hair that is curly and natural. I am not sure who is doing hair on the ship and whether or not they will know what to do, how to straighten it, or style it. I couldn't risk it! :eek::eek:

Overall, I am praying for a beautiful wedding! Is anyone else here getting married on Freedom? Anyone Here getting married on 9/10/11 on Freedom? I will be looking for you walking around the ship looking beautiful in your gowns. I wish you well and as my coordinator Dinah always say.... Have a beautiful day!:)

I was glad to hear that everything is following in place smoothly for you. Are you going to post pictures? I would love to see them and hear about you wedding, for my daughter is getting married 11/13 on Freedom. You have a busy week ahead I wish you best of luck! Enjoy your cruise.

I am getting married on 9-19-2011 while we are in port in the keys from the carnival freedom. We have 11 sailing guests and 10 are driving there from 8 hours away 21 pp all together .. I am so excited and Dinah has been very helpful. I found a local company in the keys to marry us that included photography for $200 and then the reception is back on the freedom with the cake drinks music ice sculpture food 1 1/2 hr. Good luck and post when you come back with details and congrats..

I'm getting married on the freedom! Can't wait to read ur review and see pictures of ur wedding and the ship! Where are u getting married at? (room wise).

We are using the shorter cruise. The one opposite u. We are getting married onboard while docked at key west. :-)

Only 28 more days til my turn!

Hope ur wedding is magical and beautiful and u have amazing weather! :-)

Good luck!

I was glad to hear that everything is following in place smoothly for you. Are you going to post pictures? I would love to see them and hear about you wedding, for my daughter is getting married 11/13 on Freedom. You have a busy week ahead I wish you best of luck! Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much! Yes, I will be posting a review with pictures. I know that the reviews and pictures of other brides have been so helpful to me so I want to return the favor. :)

I'm getting married on the freedom! Can't wait to read ur review and see pictures of ur wedding and the ship! Where are u getting married at? (room wise).

We are using the shorter cruise. The one opposite u. We are getting married onboard while docked at key west. :-)

Only 28 more days til my turn!

Hope ur wedding is magical and beautiful and u have amazing weather! :-)

Good luck!

We are having our ceremony in the Swingtime Lounge and the reception in the Habana Bar. I will be sure to let you know how things went and post pictures so you have an idea of how things looked. :)

Good Luck with your wedding! I hope you also have a beautiful day filled with magic! Also good weather is a must.;)

Archived