Grand Asia cruise

Martyjac

I can only tell you what it was like on the 2010 Voyage. Quite rough seas for several days in a row. In Petropavlovsk it was probably in the low 50's and rainy - dreary there, but it is Siberia. I remember standing out in the beech forest looking at the sled dogs and thinking "I wanted to experience Siberia in late September - very authentic." It warmed up and cleared up by the time we arrived in Japan. I haven't looked at your itinerary lately, but I guess you won't go to Sendai. It was lovely.

I can only tell you what it was like on the 2010 Voyage. Quite rough seas for several days in a row. In Petropavlovsk it was probably in the low 50's and rainy - dreary there, but it is Siberia. I remember standing out in the beech forest looking at the sled dogs and thinking "I wanted to experience Siberia in late September - very authentic." It warmed up and cleared up by the time we arrived in Japan. I haven't looked at your itinerary lately, but I guess you won't go to Sendai. It was lovely.

I better get some dramimine. Might you know if internet reception is available for China and Japan??

We did this 2 years ago. It was very rough from Seattle to Japan....Captain chose not to stop in Russia. We also had to miss 2 ports due to cyclones. We still had a wonderful trip and would go again. We do not get sea sick but many did and the ship was rocking and rolling.

Archived