2 nights PR

travelplanner4thefamily

We are thinking of staying for 2 nights in PR after cruise in March and wondering if anyone has suggestion of where to stay Sunday night after cruise. We really want to do the rainforest and bio-luminescent trip. We are going to rent a car but not sure if where to stay Sunday night, by the rainforest or in San Juan. We are going to stay at airport hotel Mon. because we have an early flight(0600). Our kids are with us (10 and 15). Any suggestions would be great whether it is things to do or place to stay. Were are doing segway prior to cruise so that is not an option. Thanks for the help.

I would head to Guavate for Lechon on Sunday if it were me and perhaps a biobay tour that night if the moon cooperates. Monday I would head out early for hikes in the Rainforest (my favorite trail is Angelito's) and then to Luquillo beach and the kioskos.

Hi travel planner,

We are in the same boat...staying three nights post cruise and wanting to stay outside San Juan. We are going to El Yunque, Biobay and Culebra Island. I went on price line and bid $100 for a resort in Rio Grande/Fajardo/El Yunque area and got the Gran Melia. My first bid of $80 was not accepted...If you do bid, try $90....you may get an even better deal than I did. I was amazed they accepted $100 since it is a resort. Good Luck!!!!!

Do you know anything about the Gran Melia? Is it a place for kids? I was thinking of the Rio Mar(Wyndam) which is in the same area. I can get a discount rate but it is still $185. My fear with priceline is the last time we did that it was a king size bed and there was 4 of use. Thank goodness we had a baby in a crib and a 5 year old.

I have to admit the reviews have been mixed on trip advisor, but going to other sites it has been more positive. The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are huge. Even the most basic room is a suite, so there is a pull out couch. THe rooms at the RioMar are small. I found a review from a guy who stayed at the Gran and had meetings at the Rio...his friend had a room at the Rio and said it was just a tiny normal hotel room. You have to check out the hotel website...the pool is amazing and they have a beach too...more for relaxing, walking, finding shells etc than swimming...guess there is a lot of seaweed. I will keep watching your other post for reviews. Where in WI are you from? We are originally yoopers who lived in Green Bay & Kenosha for 12 years....

We lived in Escanaba for about 1 1/2 years so I know where Manistque is. Iron River is not to far and have been to Ski Brule up that way. Our cruise is not until March but because it is over a spring break time I want to make sure I have hotels booked. I have Caribe/Hilton booked prior to our stay but I think with priceline I could get the Intra Continental (2 rooms) for what I'm booked for 1 at Hilton. But, there has been some bad reviews. I'm even more confused now. Really would like two rooms. It is hard with a 10y.o. boy and 15 y.o. girl and them not wanting to sleep together and the beds are doubles at Hilton. Confused:(

Archived