Norwegian Epic Transatlantic April 2012

wagmore14

Quote:

Originally Posted by On-the-Mark viewpost.gif

I wonder if the Epic transatlantic has anything specific planned to acknowledge the event. Speaking of....I know there was mention of having a GL group meet at the Ice Bar, but there was some concern about the cost of the ice bar and whether or not it would actually be opened. I would be just as happy to meet at the martini bar instead. Since it is the first night and not everyone can make the first FOD meet we should probably make definite plans on a time and place for the 'Titanic Toast' before sail away.

It is a bit of a nuisance having these two threads for the same thing. I am sure I saw on one of them someone mention again about meeting in Ice Bar at 23:30hrs but I will need to a search for it. I would be happy to meet for a 'cold' drink at 23:30hrs in shakers but at the same time I am more than happy to fit in with other people's preferences.:confused:

It is a bit of a nuisance having these two threads for the same thing. I am sure I saw on one of them someone mention again about meeting in Ice Bar at 23:30hrs but I will need to a search for it. I would be happy to meet for a 'cold' drink at 23:30hrs in shakers but I at the same time I am more than happy to fit in with other people's preferences.:confused:

I agree. Having 2 boards is annoying. A request can be submitted to Cruise Critic to have them combined but with less than a week to go (woohoo) it probably isn't worth the effort.

The initial plan was for an ice drink, in the Ice Bar, at 23:30, and then someone brought up the fact that there is a cover charge. I would hate to have anyone miss out on participating in a Toast to the Titanic because of a cover charge. Personally, I would be prefer to have the Titanic Toast in Shakers so that no one feels excluded, and then meet for drinks in the ice bar another time during the week. Anyone else?

With two G&L boards going for the same cruise I find I have been bouncing between the two boards, and it has been confusing trying to keep everyone straight. (pardon the pun)

I was trying to keep track of everyone and decided that I might as well make a list and share it, inspired by the general roll call for the sailing.

I went through both boards and gathered what information I could and compiled a PDF file and posted it on the other board. I will continue to update the list as needed and will update it on the other G&L board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33221795&postcount=73

Seems like it has taken forever, but now we can start counting days rather than weeks before we sail.

Hi Mark!

Great idea creating the file.... I gave up trying to find out who was who and where...

My partner Alex and I, Andrew, are from Boynton Beach, FL.

5 days, 17 hours to go :)

I agree. Having 2 boards is annoying. A request can be submitted to Cruise Critic to have them combined but with less than a week to go (woohoo) it probably isn't worth the effort.

The initial plan was for an ice drink, in the Ice Bar, at 23:30, and then someone brought up the fact that there is a cover charge. I would hate to have anyone miss out on participating in a Toast to the Titanic because of a cover charge. Personally, I would be prefer to have the Titanic Toast in Shakers so that no one feels excluded, and then meet for drinks in the ice bar another time during the week. Anyone else?

If it's Shakers at 23:30h count us in... Marc, Ralph, Keith

I'm traveling with two others, so I'll pass the word on to them. If the plan is to be at Shaker's @ 11:30, we'll be there! Can't believe there is less than a week to go - I thought this cruise would never get here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Cruise Critic Thread Friends

I arrived home Sunday night having done the 4 night mini cruise after we all arrived in Barcelona. Those four nights could not have been more different from our Atlantic crossing. Double the number of passengers, mostly from Norway, Asia and Spain with a few Brits, French and Italians thrown into the mix.:)

If anyone is interested I have posted my photos on Facebook and you should be able to see them by following this link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=a8b47ee452

Thanks!

Archived