A few hours in San Juan

bntacruising

My wife and I wiil be on the Caribbean Princess the last week of the year. We will return to San Juan early on Jan. 2nd. Don't fly out till around 4:15. Would like to spend a few hours just walking around old San Juan. Anyone have suggestions for the luggage. I was thinking to just go to the Old San Juan Sheraton and tipping the bellman to hold it for a few hours. Has anyone done this before. Don't really want to do a post-cruise excursion. Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Barrachina's restaurant holds luggage. It's near trolley stop #9 I think (around the corner from the Howard Johnson's & kind of catty-corner across the square & down the block from the Walgreens/Marshalls) but every cabbie picking you up at the Pan American pier knows where it is.

Hi,

When you leave the cruise terminal speak with taxi guys, tell them what time you need to be at the airport and that you want to wonder around Old San Juan for a few hours. We did this a couple of years ago (all the ship excursions were full and we were afraid we'd have to go straight to the airport and spend hours waiting). It was great, they have vans that are similiar to the airport shuttles.....loaded in our luggage and we went to the forts, walked around Old San Juan, even took us to a restaurant for lunch, then drop off at the airport. Price was only around $25pp (might have gone up a bit since then) and our luggage was secure.

Robin

Archived