Coco Cay: anyone there recently?

JMEL21

I have a huge group sailing on Friday (day after tomorrow) and I am trying to schedule some of our events. We will "maybe" visit Coco Cay on Sunday and I need some info from anyone who has been there recently.

I know they had some damage a couple weeks ago and that in the past year there have been some upgrades and additions to the site.

If you have been there several times, I am interested to know what has changed.

I was going to schedule my events at the bar that is just to the right of the seawall area if you are looking out towards the ocean. I think it is called the Stir it up bar but who knows, their maps are not super accurate.

Let me know if you can help

Thanks

Ive been a couple times, but just June and last week this year, so I can't compare to any time earlier this summer.

The hurricane damage to the island is very minimal. There are a couple signs missing, a very little bit of the vegetation is missing, and a very little bit of the thatched roofs over the tables in the lunch area is thinner in spots. Other than that it is the same it was 2 months before the hurricane.

The only new thing that I can think of is that there are cabanas right by the seawall. I don't recall a bar to the right of the seawall. The wacky seagull bar overlooks the snorkel area. Perhaps that is the one you are referring to? I don't have a picture of the bar, but here is the view from it:

5883531677_ea34664b24_z.jpg

Archived