Ruby/Eastern excursion transportation question

Aquarian

I'll be on the Ruby week of February 26 and I haven't cruised since they added a new dock in St. Thomas. We used to dock at Havensight and when we got off the ship, there was a tall man in a flowered shirt who we would ask for a safari bus to Red Hook to catch the ferry to St. John. I guess what I want to know is, how do I know where we will dock and what's the name of the new dock and how do I get a safari bus from there to Red Hook? Is the new dock closer or further away from Red Hook? We plan to go to Trunk Bay. Also, if anyone could give me current prices for the safari bus to Red Hook, ferry, safari bus to Trunk Bay, and admission to Trunk Bay. Since it's been a few years, I'm sure prices have increased and I want to ensure I have enough $$ with me.

I'll be on the Ruby week of February 26 and I haven't cruised since they added a new dock in St. Thomas. We used to dock at Havensight and when we got off the ship, there was a tall man in a flowered shirt who we would ask for a safari bus to Red Hook to catch the ferry to St. John. I guess what I want to know is, how do I know where we will dock and what's the name of the new dock and how do I get a safari bus from there to Red Hook? Is the new dock closer or further away from Red Hook? We plan to go to Trunk Bay. Also, if anyone could give me current prices for the safari bus to Red Hook, ferry, safari bus to Trunk Bay, and admission to Trunk Bay. Since it's been a few years, I'm sure prices have increased and I want to ensure I have enough $$ with me.

The price from Crown bay pier to Red Hook is $11 PP one way- the price of the ferry is $7 PP one way- the price from Cruz bay to Trunk bay is $6 pp one way. Admission to trunk bay is $4 PP.

Hope this helps!!

Red4u2 and Wild Bill,

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed. We used to go in the morning. Is that still the best time - before the crowd shows up?

If you are palnning to do it, i would be one of the first off the ship- walk on over to the taxis and try to make the 8 am ferry over to St John- we have sailed this twice last year and the first time the taxi dispatcher loaded people with us the were going golfing and that extra detour caused us to miss the 8 am ferry- the next one is at 9 am- i would return on the 1 pm ferry, just so you have enough time to get back or to stop downtown for some shopping, sometimes you can get back quickly, othertimes in traffic it can take 30 to 40 min to get back.

Archived