Carnival Wedding Luncheon - Carnival Splendor

jangng

Hello fellow cruise brides :)

This is my first post after hours and hours on this site, I love reading the reviews and looking at the pictures!

I've booked the Wedding Luncheon package on Carnival Splendor for the wedding on embarkation day Feb 19, 2012. I'm wondering if there's anyone here who have done the lunch (I actually haven't seen much about it).

I have a few questions to anyone who knows:

1. What time does the lunch start and end (I know this depends on when we board the ship, but a rough estimate would be nice)?

2. Which dining room was it in?

3. How many people to a table?

4. Do guests really get only one glass of wine?

5. How many servers were there (for tips)?

I'm so excited about the wedding! If anyone has pictures of the lunch, that would be awesome :D

We were married aboard the Freedom in December and had a sit down lunch after the ceremony. Because of the sit down style we chose, we were married at 1:00 (the first of two weddings that day). We ate at the Captain's table which was nice and intimate. You can ask your CCL Wedding Planner for a list of dining room options, and she will work out the details for you. Lunch lasted about 1 1/2 hours and served with 4 courses, unlimited wine (red & white served) & champagne. We only had 15 people so instead of separating tables we opted for 1 long table which worked out well. As far as servers, our on board wedding coordinator and 1 waiter served the food. Our waiter ended up being the same waiter in the MDR during dinner, which was nice.

I will post a picture of the dining room we chose when I get home this evening because I do not have that photo on this computer.

If you have any other questions, I will be glad to help.

Congrats!!!

And thank you B&BE for the great information! I'm really glad to hear that wine service is unlimited during the lunch. If you don't mind, I have a few more questions (I'm so excited to find someone who has done the luncheon :D):

1. What was the order of your lunch reception, did you cut the cake and do the champagne toast first? Did your wedding party do speeches?

2. How was the cake set up? Was it on a small table nearby?

3. Was the captain's table a long table? (I remember it being a big round table on another cruise line)

Thank you so much in advance. I really really appreciated it!!

Archived