NCL Sky - Opinions and Comparisons

geneology

We are thinking of booking a four night cruise on the NCL Sky in Feb 2012 to the Bahamas. Want a break from NY weather and I know a 7 day cruise is better but can only fit 4 days into schedule. I have been on the Gem and Dawn and we loved them both. How does the Sky compare? Did you like or dislike the Sky and why? I know this is people opinions just wondering what you all were thinking. Thank you!

The Sky will feel a bit different. It was designed for a different fleet and not with the 'Freestyle' theme in mind. I found the buffet to be the most awkward area. It will feel a bit dated being the oldest ship in the fleet. She does show some wear in certain areas but nothing to dramatic. Lastly, she is smaller than the Gem and Dawn and you will notice that as well. Thats not to say its cramped, just has a smaller feel. Hard to describe I suppose...

I must clarify that I have not been on the Gem or Dawn but have been on the Jewel.

All that said, we still had a great time on a 3 day Bahama trip earlier this year. Even if you find you don't care for the ship, you aren't on the cruise very long and there aren't any sea days. Go, have a good time and get some sun!

Archived