Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Had my WI yesterday and I was down only .4. However that is in the loss column. I hope that now that this heat wave has broken that I am more able to prepare and eat healthier foods. I have trouble when hubby is golfing and has a number of times he eats at the course because of scheduled tourneys. Then I tend to eat whatever and at any old time. This is not good as sandwiches have more points than I should be eating.

Starting to get excited about October cruise because final payment was made last week. This should help to encourage me to get rid of the excess pounds that are still hanging around.

Nikki

A cruise is a wonderful incentive Nikki.

I'm really looking forward to our 2 weeks at the end of August for all the exercise walking around the ship and and ports and taking the stairs 90% of the time. We have 5 seas days on those 2 cruises, so I have to make myself use the gym a bit also.

Still have to print out the Simply Filling technique food list, make myself an excel chart for my points intake and find out how many points my average 2 Whiskey Sours are and a Carnival Funship drink.

I don't drink much, but I've abstained since the end of April when I started WW online again and I don't plan on skipping my usual on Vacation.

Hi everyone! I'm new to WW - just attended my first meeting last night. I had tried to do it online, myself for a few months last year. Clearly, it didn't happen. :) So here I am! I'm determined to stick with it and lose the weight this time.

I'm 35, married with 2 sons, 13 & 6 1/2. We have a cruise planned April 2014 and I will be getting on that ship weighing less than I do now. My goal is 50lbs by then. We'll see what happens. I know it's a lofty goal, but I'd be over the moon if I managed that. At 50lbs lost, I'd weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my 13yr old. That's a milestone for me!

Welcome to the WW thread eh24fan. You will find lots of tips and great encouragement here! Losing all 50 pounds would be fantastic, but losing even a few will definitely make you look and feel better. To start, simply try losing 1 pound at a time. I often am happy to have just maintained for a week. I think that attitude helps us to keep from becoming so discouraged that we chuck it all! We will be interested in watching you become the person you are meant to be. Good luck.

Nikki

Welcome eh24fan. You'll find this is a very supportive place. I too have a cruise for next year, I find it very motivating.

I knew it would be a bad weigh in with last week's crazy big loss and 2 days at the shore, but didn't expect 3.1 lbs. There's no way I ate that much! lol I've been back on plan since I came home, and next week will be better.

I too have often felt that way Tracey. It is beyond my understanding how going just a few points over the limit can cause a gain of a few pounds in a week. Equally how can following the plan exactly and doing the same activities sometimes allow a 2 pound loss and other times only less than 1 pound. this is the extremely frustrating part of WW ( probably any program). I had my last actual meeting on Wednesday and now must attempt to carry on on my own. I need to keep the upcoming cruise in mind and lose enough so that I am able to take advantage of my beverage package without being rolled off the ship due to a massive weight gain. Only 100 days to go, so I must follow every tip I have learned.

Nikki

Hi folks. I posted an introduction on another thread the other day but it doesn't appear to be too active. Joined this one to see if its a little busier. I'm trying weight watchers this time around so perhaps this is where I should be anyway. I'm cruising over Thanksgiving week and am hoping to lose around 35lbs by then. Look forward to chatting.

I reported it this morning also.

Had a 10 point frozen hamburger at my inlaws for lunch so I skipped the big bun and made burger salad. Was good...sounds a bit gross, but since all I like on a burger is ketchup and cheese, I had the burger pieces, lettuce, ketchup and a tablespoon of ricotta cheese mixed up in a bowl. The ricotta was only a point since my calculator said 4 tbsp. was 3 points.

We lost our internet access last evening so I missed the spam excitement I guess.

I have been faithfully tracking this week. I must be especially good as there will not be any more meetings for me. In addition, we booked another B2B on Princess for 24 days doing the Med and Greek Isles only 4 days after getting off the Equinox. The price was amazing and we only needed to change our return flight. Figured the change fee was worth it. I'm going to have a great incentive to get rid of these last pounds. I will certainly need to be very active while on these cruises though.

Nikki

I think if I were to spend 24 days on a cruise I would definitely run into some weight issues. You'd almost have to have a workout routine. I gain a few pounds even on a 7 day so I can imagine what I'd experience with 24 days.

Sitting waiting on my meeting to start. Down 2 lbs which breaks the 25 lb mark. Woo hoo! 9 more to meet my new goal (which is 5 lbs lower than my original goal). I have 7 weeks until our cruise, so it's going to be close.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi everyone,

I was a WW member a few years back and had great success. That is until it went to PointsPlus which killed my progress. I made the mistake of throwing the old points info away when the new program came out so I then had no reference to go back to, started gaining and dropped out of WW. Because of that, and lack of motivation and my DH being a great cook, I have now gained all I lost. I need to lose 30 lbs, which doesn't sound as hard as losing 100 but every pound is difficult, right? I would like to lose it before my next cruise in late January, 2014 and the support would be great.

Seavoyager6, you mentioned this forum is for the WW360 program, but I am not on it. I am not sure of the difference and am reluctant to go back to WW if it's too close to the PPlus program. I am still mulling over whether I want to rejoin WW. That being said, I hope that I can still be part of this forum. Do I have to be an attending member of WW for this forum?

Cruising_Family...Im new here myself so I can't speak to any "requirements" to be here. I wouldn't think it would matter. I just started doing the points plus thing and never tried doing the old points system. Maybe I should look into it. Seems like a fairly active group here. Glad to have you on board!

Thanks Mike.

Glad I'm not the only newbie here. Looks like our weight loss goal is pretty similar which is nice.

I was doing some checking and sounds like the 360 is like an enhanced version of PPlus. I'll try sticking to what I know works, but time to kick up the exercise. I prefer walking outside vs a treadmill but just doing it is my problem. Now maybe I'll do better with some online support.

360 is points plus, more or less

Not that sure why you would find such a big problem going to plus from points.

Points calculation eliminates calorie s and uses carb, protein, fat and fiber. Some point values are higher, but it is more than made up for by ALL fruits being zero points plus values.

I would hope you'd give it another shot and try to approach it with a clean slate. I'd also recommend e tools and WW mobile if you have a smartphone because it easily and accurately calculates points plus values for you.

Hi everyone,

Seavoyager6, you mentioned this forum is for the WW360 program, but I am not on it. I am not sure of the difference and am reluctant to go back to WW if it's too close to the PPlus program. I am still mulling over whether I want to rejoin WW. That being said, I hope that I can still be part of this forum. Do I have to be an attending member of WW for this forum?

There are no requirements. We all need all the support that others can give us. You are more than welcome to join us. I have just used the last of my paid membership and will be on my own for now. I am counting on people here to help keep me accountable. I am choosing Mondays to be my WI date and as of this morning I was down 1.8. Tracking for me is THE number one tool!

Nikki

I'm very happy today that I've made a mini goal today of being 200 lbs or less by my birthday! :D Lost 2 lbs this week and started walking using the Map My Walk app on my android phone.

Hi everyone,

Do I have to be an attending member of WW for this forum?

I have no problem with you joining in, this isn't an official WW sponsored thread. You just have to want to lose weight and love cruising.

I did the old points program 13 years ago and now I'm doing the 360 points plus. I'm doing okay with the changes. I don't really notice items being more points unless I see them side by side online. Some of the foods I used to eat are not available here now anyways; like Boca Burgers. I'm not a huge fruit eater, but I'm trying since they're now free.

Hi Mike and cruisingfamily. Welcome to the group. There's always room for more!

Yeah ebradley, Nikki & KandC for the losses! Way to go. I sure hope I have a loss since I'm back on program, and to make up for my gain last week. Will find out Friday.

And I'll echo seavoyager about the use of the etools and a smart phone. It makes it so easy, especially if you use the upc scanner to get the points value.

360 is points plus, more or less

Not that sure why you would find such a big problem going to plus from points.

Points calculation eliminates calorie s and uses carb, protein, fat and fiber. Some point values are higher, but it is more than made up for by ALL fruits being zero points plus values.

I would hope you'd give it another shot and try to approach it with a clean slate. I'd also recommend e tools and WW mobile if you have a smartphone because it easily and accurately calculates points plus values for you.

I could never figure out why either. I know not every diet plan works for everyone. I continued to follow the new plan as strictly as the old one, but the weight kept creeping up or stayed the same for a few months. I do like the old points plan and liked the concept that you could eat as much as you wanted of certain foods and take a bit larger point hit. Especially useful for me for the salmon, steak and pasta. I could indulge within the program. :o

Last time I did use the online WW tools to track my points, weight and activity levels. It was very useful. I have purchased the calculator, dining out and complete food companion guides like I had prior so I'm ready for the new way to begin, again.

Edited by cruising_family