In my case, which is better: WOW or booking onboard

Shooraq

I just wanted a second opinion (or two or three...) about best booking strategy here.

I convinvced my friends to cruise with us; they will be first-time cruisers. To test the waters, I am looking at a 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Majesty out in November 2012. Here are the criteria:

We plan to get oceanview rooms (can't justify spending the money for a junior suite) so diamond discount means nothing to me here.

If I do the WOW sale, both rooms will get a OBC of $50.

If I wait until I board the Oasis in December, the staterooms will only get $25 OBC, plus I could get an additional $25 for the refer-a-friend bonus.

So unless I'm missing something, wouldn't it make more sense in this case to utilize the WOW sale? Please prove me wrong! :)

I believe you would enjoy a reduced deposit by booking the WOW (1/2 the normal requirement). Of course the cruise $ is the same in the end, but some appreciate putting less ante in the kitty so to speak. Otherwise, the onboard booking usually equals the WOW in terms of OBC.

You & your friends would benefit from booking during the Wow sale...i did the same during the May Wow sale..booked my 4nt Monarch cruise...and if you wait till you are onboard in Dec. the prices may go up too...

Archived