Puerto Rico Bio Bay On Own

annedar

Looking for opinions. We are on HAL Eurodam next month, husband, myself, and two children. We are docked from 1pm to 11pm. I'm thinking about planning to do the Bio Bay in Fajardo on our own.

My plan is to rent a car by the port and drive out to Fajardo. The tour is at 6pm. After reading some opinions, thinking of doing electric boat and not kayaks. Would this give us enough time to get back to port with having to return rental car?

I think it will be a little bit tight but not too much. The Fajardo to SJ traffic patterns are unpredictable, even during weekends. I have been in traffic jams coming back to SJ or really heavy traffic even on Sundays.

I have done the Kayak tour at the Bio in Vieques and I really loved it since the water was always at our reach and I actually jumped into it a couple of times. Check the moon before going since the visibility of the bio bay is affected by the mooon light. Moon less nights are always better. Kayaks are easy to maneuver.

Enjoy your trip.

Looking for opinions. We are on HAL Eurodam next month, husband, myself, and two children. We are docked from 1pm to 11pm. I'm thinking about planning to do the Bio Bay in Fajardo on our own.

My plan is to rent a car by the port and drive out to Fajardo. The tour is at 6pm. After reading some opinions, thinking of doing electric boat and not kayaks. Would this give us enough time to get back to port with having to return rental car?

We have done this twice, the first time in a motor boat with several others and then in kayaks (just hubby and myself plus we each had a guide in our kayaks). We enjoyed the kayaks much more than the motor boat, it was a much more personal experience and kind of magical. I agree with the other poster about the timing issue, the traffic can be bad and you don't want chance missing the ship. I don't think I would take that risk.

Nancy

Thanks for replies and advice. I think we will skip it. I just get too nervous about missing the ship- it will ruin my day just thinking about it! Thought about doing it through the cruise line but at $100pp, that's a bit more then I want to spend on one excursion. Now I need to come up with something else to do!

Archived