Pearl Balcony Room - storage?

Shalie

Hello,

I have looked at a couple photos of NCL's balcony rooms. It appears they have very little storage. Is that the case?

When took our first cruise was a balcony on Royal Carribean. It had a lot of storage cubby hole / cabinets and a nice vanity. It was easy to unpack and not feel cluttered or claustrophobic. So, the photos of NCL concern me.

Regards,

Shalie

Hello,

I have looked at a couple photos of NCL's balcony rooms. It appears they have very little storage. Is that the case?

When took our first cruise was a balcony on Royal Carribean. It had a lot of storage cubby hole / cabinets and a nice vanity. It was easy to unpack and not feel cluttered or claustrophobic. So, the photos of NCL concern me.

Regards,

Shalie

Although we have finally learned to pack lighter, we used to have 4 suitcases and 2 carry-ons most of which we did not need or use and we were always able to find a home for everything in any cabin on NCL including balcony cabins.

Dave

Little or a lot of storage is a relative term. What I found as lots may not be lots to you.

There is only 2 sq. ft more on the Pearl Balcony than our Star and Dawn cruises and looks to be the exact same layout.

If you go to my photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11847990@N05/sets/

Look under my Star cruise and you will see most of the storage spaces we had. With the exception I do not have photos of the shelf under the sink in the washroom or the 2 shelves by the cabin door, or the inside of the closet with the exception of the shelves down the one side.

I would say you would have about the same as these photos, except the washroom is layed out a little different.

Hello,

Regards,

Shalie

We had a balcony on the Pearl in September. There's a shelving unit next to the door with 4 or 5 shelves, just under the safe. The shelves were pretty deep and were great for folded shirts and lounge pants.

There are three or four drawers underneath the refrigerator... great for socks, undies, etc.

The closet is large enough to hang several shirts and slacks, along with a couple of jackets (Alaska cruise - jackets were needed) and our robes. I believe there were about 15 hangers in the closet, but there was room for more if you brought some of your own.

We also utilized the shelving unit above the TV for cameras, binoculars, etc.

Our suitcases fit easily under the bed. We also brought an over-the-door shoe hanger that had 24 pockets. We kept our gloves, sunglasses, slippers, and all sorts of odds & ends there... it hung on the room side of the bathroom door.

Hope that helps. :D

We had a balcony on the Pearl in September. ...

I believe there were about 15 hangers in the closet, but there was room for more if you brought some of your own. ...

Although we usually bring extra wire hangers so as not to bother the steward on embarkation day when the stewards are so busy, you CAN ask the steward for extra hangers, as many as you need.

We also brought an over-the-door shoe hanger that had 24 pockets. We kept our gloves, sunglasses, slippers, and all sorts of odds & ends there... it hung on the room side of the bathroom door. :D

That is a great idea. I have a cloth one that would fold down nicely.

Regards,

Shalie

Archived